Home

Looks like Inside Drive 2004 will once again hold the title for best..

This is a discussion on Looks like Inside Drive 2004 will once again hold the title for best.. within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-27-2003, 04:36 AM   #81
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Looks like Inside Drive 2004 will once again hold the title for be

Quote:

TXBginz said:
Now that ESPN is out and we all know is a 1/2 *** attempt at a BB game.....where are all the sh*t talkers now?

ID 2004 will once again rule the courts this season.

Yep....and I so badly wanted to be wrong too. I wanted to see the great Sega presentation with a smarter game. Instead it's like that bombshell that turns you off as soon as she speaks. Sega's Basketball games are like scratching nails on a blackboard after getting used to ID. I'm not a Sega ***** by any means either considering that I've been playing their NHL and NFL games online for the past month. My problem is that I pay too much attention to the little stuff in Basketball as opposed to those other sports to over-look crappy A.I. in their Basketball games. Without good A.I., everything else is simply meaningless.

I thought that with the improvements to the other series and the fact that ID looks so similar in the videos would mean that my loyalties would be changing this year. Then again, ID is improving in the areas that really matter. With the fact that they are fixing the rebounding and free throw attempts combined with some graphics and new moves that can at least be considered respectable comparitively, ID 2004 is probably going to be the most complete sim in terms of on the court action this year. Adding online play over XSN doesn't hurt either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2003, 10:11 AM   #82
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Id is a quality game but man I want it cuz of the sick camera angle(broadcast) it looks like a real game...
Old 10-27-2003, 10:53 AM   #83
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah i have ESPN and i have to say i'm a bit disappointed now i really can't wait for ID.Oh and let me say i'm a huge Sega Sports fan.Actually i'm a huge sports fan of any game maker that makes a fun and challanging game
Old 10-27-2003, 09:35 PM   #84
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm having fun with Live, hated 2K4, and am really, really looking forward to ID...02 to 03, they made very minor changes in the speed and blocks and it improved the gameplay immensely. I thought with the improvement in Live and the anticipated improvement in 2K, ID would be left behind but ESPN sucks. I'm really dissappointed. I'd much rather suffer through crappy graphics to enjoy great gameplay than to try to swallow sh*t gameplay because of fantastic visuals.....
Old 10-27-2003, 09:39 PM   #85
Rookie

shpankey's Arena

OVR: 5

Played ESPN today, all I can say his... HUGE THUMBS DOWN! That game actually got worse than last year... wtf?

Inside Drive is all I got left to look forward to, hope it delivers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2003, 09:46 PM   #86
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

shpankey said:
Played ESPN today, all I can say his... HUGE THUMBS DOWN! That game actually got worse than last year... wtf?

Inside Drive is all I got left to look forward to, hope it delivers!

Have you tried Live? There are a couple of issues with it, but for the most part it plays a very solid, realistic brand of b-ball. Don't let complaints about the pro-hop stop you from getting it. They took ALOT of little features from Drive, if you make some adjustments you'll find that it fills the pre-Drive void pretty nicely...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »