Home

Has EA finally given this series an identity?

This is a discussion on Has EA finally given this series an identity? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #25
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Has EA finally given this series an identity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I'm saying the two player and sig animations seem to be his thing. He seems like he has a pretty good handle on how to get the best out of those two things.

Where as no two player animations at all is new territory so he just decided to stick with what he knows best. Not a slight against him at all, I'm just saying that was probably a reason why he left.

Hopefully that clears things up....
well I guess in a few weeks we will see what a lack of sig animations will mean for Elite not sure that if it's a good identity to have since people play NBA games to relive what they saw their favorite players and teams do, what is the point of playing a game if players styles feel generic, it's also funny that if you look at old game from last gen you see what no sig animations look liked and it was not pretty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #26
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Can't say until I play but it certainly looks that way. Live 10 was in many ways 2Kish so I like seeing the game go its own way. I've never really liked any Live's outside of 2000, 09 & 10 so i'm interested to play this.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #27
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp
5 vs 5 vids on this game will never do it any justice. unless you have two totally sim players controlling both sticks and both guys know how to play the game with the new controls. there are two many new controls for anyone to have it down yet if they are not an EA employee.
well thats not good considering basketball is 5 vs 5 and when people want to see vids they want to see how this game looks 5 vs 5 not 1 vs 1. You should be able to see the controls even in a 5 vs 5 and i dont care if someone isnt an skilled pro at this game that knows everything with the control, that shouldnt make the game look as bad as it did in those vids. If thats the case then this game will only look good to the best of the best players and everyone else will get stuck with an ugly game.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 7

I don't know how some of yall praise EA when they put out horrible Basketball games. There is no way they have an identity when the game looks and plays like that. I'm sorry, but i think they have seriously failed this year.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #29
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Funny. This thread started out about Elite and redefining itself, but turns into another pissing match with Wang being run out of EAC because he's not advanced enough? Good lord guys.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #30
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
well thats not good considering basketball is 5 vs 5 and when people want to see vids they want to see how this game looks 5 vs 5 not 1 vs 1. You should be able to see the controls even in a 5 vs 5 and i dont care if someone isnt an skilled pro at this game that knows everything with the control, that shouldnt make the game look as bad as it did in those vids. If thats the case then this game will only look good to the best of the best players and everyone else will get stuck with an ugly game.
Well yea that's one of the drawbacks to not having the two player animations they kept things from looking too wild.

But I'm sure an improvement in contextual animations will help the game out. A lot of the problem is that the players only have a few animations for certain situations like shot contesting.

And if the team can make the players limbs react to the RTP that will be a tremendous help also.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #31
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I got to wait to see it when I play it in my hands. I remember they said they had "Total Control" in Live 04 and they really didn't have it. So it is a wait and see approach for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #32
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Damn I should've waited on this thread, I'm forgettin most people still have to play it lol!

Guess I'll bring it back it round demo time if it doesn't stay up long enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »