Home

6'4 and cant dunk

This is a discussion on 6'4 and cant dunk within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: 6'4 and cant dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynsanity
You need to work on developing your fast twitch muscle fibers. I am guessing that you are predisposed to have less of those than the average highflyer.

Your best bet is to workout with power based olympic movements that involve the majority of the major muscle groups.

Squats, Power cleans, hang cleans, etc.

The exercises can initially be done in 2-3 sets of 6-8. This will all you to build up your muscular core.

I would put you on a M and Th routine with Sprint training on Tuesday and Thursday

Eat as healthy as possible, and be sure to get enough rest.

Keep in mind that this is just an idea of what you should do. If you need help setting up an actual workout schedule, drop me a line here. I was able to use this to bring my 26" vertical to a 31" vert. By vert, I mean a cold jump, and not a one step jump.

Most of the 40" verts you hear about are step verts, and not cold verts.
I had a legit 37" 2 footed vert, but that was my senior year in HS, never could dunk, had a few close ones during games, but I'm 5'9". You break the rim away so it's like 9'8" and I could get it easily....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism 6
I had a legit 37" 2 footed vert, but that was my senior year in HS, never could dunk, had a few close ones during games, but I'm 5'9". You break the rim away so it's like 9'8" and I could get it easily....
A 36 inch vert at 5'9 should put you at 10 and a half feet. Could you jump off one leg or did you always gather before jumping?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
A 36 inch vert at 5'9 should put you at 10 and a half feet. Could you jump off one leg or did you always gather before jumping?
smh . I thought I was the one in need of help .
Old 01-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor729
smh . I thought I was the one in need of help .
Did anybody else see that epic fail? Yep, that was mine. I'll claim it. For some reason, I thought 10 feet equaled 100 inches.

Aside from the mathematics part, can you jump off one foot or do you always gather with two. I tore my acl and lateral miniscus when I was 17 and can't get over the mental hump to try to jump off one leg anymore. I could always get more rise off two legs anyway.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #45
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

^ I was the opposite...always one leg. But, now i can jump off both. Im glad, being able to jump off two saves my knees.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 31

I am 6'1 and mostly white. I have been able to dunk since I was 16 at 5'10.

The biggest thing is to learn how to jump. I am a one foot glider. I jump best off of one foot and gliding to the rim.

I don't have much explosion upwards so I need to be running to get high enough to dunk.

If you are 6'3 there is no reason not to be able to dunk unless you are young, injured or fat.

Lower your body fat %, increase your leg and most importantly your core strength and then learn how to jump. There are a lot of different ways to get explosion and a lot of that is what you feel comfortable with.

Good luck!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #47
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
If you are 6'3 there is no reason not to be able to dunk unless you are young, injured or fat.
Wow...harsh...lmao. I feel u tho. Eventhough i have a 40+ vert at 6'3'', when i stand w/o jumping and lift my hands toward the rim, it definitely doesnt 'look' that high or do i feel like need to really put out energy to touch it.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #48
Banned

Brankles's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
Wow...harsh...lmao. I feel u tho. Eventhough i have a 40+ vert at 6'3'', when i stand w/o jumping and lift my hands toward the rim, it definitely doesnt 'look' that high or do i feel like need to really put out energy to touch it.
That is freakish. I'd be surprised if 1 out of 100 males could jump that high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »