Home

Let's discuss the plays in ID 2003

This is a discussion on Let's discuss the plays in ID 2003 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-08-2003, 09:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Let\'s discuss the plays in ID 2003

A lot of people are sleepin on ID2003, but i think it's just because its only for the xbox. and yes, the player models do suck. But it still has the best gameplay, ball physics and most realistic animation.
Just add the freestyle controls, a better post up game (not just hook shots and fadeaways) and better graphics. It would be unbeatable!
btw, i also am playing 2k3 and Live 2003. all have their strengths and weakness and all could be equally good next year. However, ID 2003 is the closest to the perfect bball game coz graphics are a LOT easier to improve on than ball physics (the aspect that i am most dissapointed with Live)

Anyway let's discuss some plays for ID 2003!

iI noticed that some of the default plays in the Laker playbook are wrong. Why does it include the the Iso Post PF instead of Iso Post C play? why would you want to isolate samakiI walker? I think it also has an Iso SF instead of SG. why would you want isolate rick fox instead of kobe??

btw, The plays really work! if the play description says that it will involve an alley-oop slam, the play (if done correctly)willl result in an alley oop!

It was fun using the side and wing lob plays for the phoenix suns. Shawn marion alley oop finish!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #2
Rookie

bgapfire's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Let\'s discuss the plays in ID 2003

Bats26, everyone is sleeping on this game. I have been a Live fanatic since Dr. J vs. Larry Bird and I still can't believe I have switched to another b-ball game. I enjoyed Live as a multiplayer game but not as an individually played game. ID has captivated my attention since I first put in in the Box. I love the create a player feature and the way the players can be developed.

The play calling and how they are run are absolutely gorgeous. I could not agree with you more on how the plays are done. The player movement is excellent. I love to watch the PG feed the ball into the post from the baseline. I feel as if I am watching myself play!! The cuts to the basket are very hard and realistic. Screens are set well and players roll the basket correctly. This game is definitely underrated.

I could never get into the 2K series. It is a decent game, but I hate the free throw meter, the way the players animate, the 2 inch verticals and the rainbow jump shots.

ID merely needs to improve the crowd and the lighting in the arenas. The player models are decent, but all can stand some tweaking. The pump fake needs a lot of work.

I can't say how impressed I am with this version of ID. They are definitely headed in the right direction. I still can't believe I am playing a game other than Live. No matter how bad the game was, I always argued it was the best. What can I say? We all see the light at one time or another.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm there too! I've played Live, moved on to the 2k series, and this year ID is my game for the rest of the season!. I just had a great game with my Cavs Vs. the Lakers. Kobe was hittin 3s like he did last night so the game was a battle, 10 lead changes throughout the game!!! In the last 2 min of the game I put on a 15-4 run to close it out thanks to my 2 created players I've been beefing up all season!, I heard there was a trophy case so I'm geared to getting that championship, but I'm only 12-18 currenty, CPU difficulty is awesome!
Old 01-08-2003, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

not to mention, the game is a stats whore! i love it when the commentary tells you EXACTLY what the players have, "JORDAN has 23 points, and 1 reb away from a double double!" WHAT!? and that's just the start of it. ign, and the other reviewer need to recognize a great game when they see it. ID2004 will be the better game next year...
Old 01-08-2003, 09:01 PM   #5
Rookie

I can't believe how much I play Inside Drive. This is truely one of the best sports games I have ever played. It just keeps getting better and better. I am saying all of this and I am only 2-13 on my Sonics franchise (2nd year)but the way the game plays is just incredible. I finally just ended an 11 game losing streak by beating Phoenix. I figure I was able to beat Phoenix because they don't have a big inside game. All the teams with good power forwards and centers have just been mauling me. They have eaten me alive on the offensive boards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2003, 02:43 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

ID 2003's player editing is so detailed too!

Aside from the universal sliders (like the ones in 2k3) each player has its own sliders!!
These would determine if a player likes to do a fadeaway or a hook shoot. If he prefers backing down a player or just facing up them up.

If he like to crash the boards or just to run down the floor everytime.
And a lot more!

A big impact of this is that each player has his own set of A.I.!

No two players are alike! (a bit exagerrated )

This is also the only game which has separate ratings for a fadeaway and a hook shot. other games just rely on the players inside scoring and field goal rating.

The only drawbacks in player editing are lack of the bells and whistles. Like the shoes (damn, theyre generic). The celtics have white shoes too. ugh.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:04 AM   #7
Rookie

I just started to try some of the plays. I noticed that sometimes the players don't do what they should. Has anyone else had this problem? In particular, I was using "Hawk 4" (I think) where the center sets a screen at the free throw lane and the sg is supposed to cut through the lane and then come around off a double screen. Somethimes the sg does this, but sometimes he just sits there, away from the play. This is the only play I've tried so far- has anyone seen any problems like this? BTW, I think I am going to end up buying ID- it's too good.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:27 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

In reply to:

The celtics have white shoes too. ugh.

just edit them and give them black kicks with black socks (can't do that in 2k3!) i gave P2 th especial white & green since he's the man in this man.

yes, and this is realistic. why? nba players are not perfect. they'll mess up now and then. the players offensive awareness also has a bit to do with this. just re-command the play again. kind like yelling at the player who's lost on the court...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »