Home

R.B.I. Baseball 19 Arrives on March 5 - New Trailer and More Features Revealed

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 19 Arrives on March 5 - New Trailer and More Features Revealed within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-04-2019, 05:44 PM   #73
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 19 Arrives on March 5 - New Trailer and More Features Revealed

Was hoping to hear about significant gameplay improvements. Doesn't sound like that's the case though.Wanted to give this series a shot, but probably not now.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #74
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 19 Arrives on March 5 - New Trailer and More Features Revealed

Just got through my second franchise game. Lost both. 3-1 and 5-2.

Positives:

-Graphics
-pretty good hit variety
-controls are responsive.
-plays like an RBI game.
-it’s a quick baseball experience.

Negatives:

-animations are lacking and fielding animations are flat out abysmal.
-this is a personal opinion but the music is weird as hell. Lol
-ball physics are real bad.
-not much depth for replay value.

Here’s the thing for me. I had fun and I could see me playing this on the Switch to kill time but I’m just not sure why this game didn’t really get better. It’s like what, year 4 for the reboot and it just hasn’t evolved much at all. It seems like people are clamouring for a good baseball game on Switch or on Xbox but this just isn’t. It’s a mobile game at best and I’d argue that there are deeper mobile baseball games. If you took graphics and updated rosters out of the equation mlb 2k12 is a better baseball game by miles and that’s saying a lot because that wasn’t even a very good baseball game 7 years ago.

To be fair I obviously didn’t sink a lot into it so maybe my opinion is premature but to be honest I feel like I’ve seen everything I will see in the hour and a half I played.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Just got through my second franchise game. Lost both. 3-1 and 5-2.

Positives:

-Graphics
-pretty good hit variety
-controls are responsive.
-plays like an RBI game.
-it’s a quick baseball experience.

Negatives:

-animations are lacking and fielding animations are flat out abysmal.
-this is a personal opinion but the music is weird as hell. Lol
-ball physics are real bad.
-not much depth for replay value.

Here’s the thing for me. I had fun and I could see me playing this on the Switch to kill time but I’m just not sure why this game didn’t really get better. It’s like what, year 4 for the reboot and it just hasn’t evolved much at all. It seems like people are clamouring for a good baseball game on Switch or on Xbox but this just isn’t. It’s a mobile game at best and I’d argue that there are deeper mobile baseball games. If you took graphics and updated rosters out of the equation mlb 2k12 is a better baseball game by miles and that’s saying a lot because that wasn’t even a very good baseball game 7 years ago.

To be fair I obviously didn’t sink a lot into it so maybe my opinion is premature but to be honest I feel like I’ve seen everything I will see in the hour and a half I played.
I held out hope, but that hope is erased. Basically, the team that produced this game did not release any footage, no walk-throughs to go over new features... just silence. Silence speaks volumes. Releasing the game this early is a good move because those of us who are eager to play a baseball sim will drop down some cash just to get on the field. Sounds like it's just RBI Baseball 18 with a cover boy update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #76
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

So what happened to new physics, updated environments, hundreds of new animations, improved franchise mode?

Just lies? Maybe there's a day one patch.

That sucks. Was hoping to have a MLB game on my switch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 24

I got really worried when literally no gameplay footage was released before the game came out. Yikes. Disappointing.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:25 PM   #78
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
So what happened to new physics, updated environments, hundreds of new animations, improved franchise mode?

Just lies? Maybe there's a day one patch.

That sucks. Was hoping to have a MLB game on my switch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I bought 18 for switch and probably played a total of 10 hours of it so I wouldn’t necessarily trust my expertise on comparing this years with last years.

Also saying ball physics is bad might not be what I meant. As far as hit variety and the way the ball moves it’s pretty good. I’ve had bounces go over the fielders heads and it slices fairly accurately. What I meant was how the ball interacts with fielders. It warps into the players gloves. Not just once in awhile. Every single play.

I will say 100% the fielding animations are bad. There is a better variety of animations but they just don’t animate well. The ball gets thrown weird a lot. The players catch balls backwards regularly. Players snap into position frequently. Having more animations really isn’t the problem it’s how they execute the animations that is the problem.

I didn’t comment on the environments I just included them in my thoughts that the graphics are good. Ishould have mentioned them on the positive side, well other than the crowd is pretty stale. But the actual stadiums look really good.

It is fun though. I just think anyone expecting it to be miles better than 18 will be majority disappointed. I myself had hoped it would be but it just really isn’t a big enough jump imo from 18. That being said I honestly think for $30 I will pick this up on the switch
Old 03-04-2019, 06:27 PM   #79
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Would u mind expanding on how u pick up free agents if there is no monetary or similar system?
Old 03-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #80
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I should have the game any time now. Very discouraging to hear there is basically no improvements in the areas where they specifically said there would be improvements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »