Home

Lots of improvements coming to R.B.I. Baseball 18, includes franchise mode this year

This is a discussion on Lots of improvements coming to R.B.I. Baseball 18, includes franchise mode this year within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #33
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Lots of improvements coming to R.B.I. Baseball 18, includes franchise mode this y

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouserjr0614
I don’t think i will be able to complete a franchise mode with Joe Bacon and Michael Macaroni taking the field. Ha. If I can edit all the players individually then I’m cool with that.

For RBI the 10 dollar increase in price gives me hope that there is more juice this year. The bigger team and it is in house.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yep, you'll be able to edit all the players.

https://youtu.be/QI8jLZfmB-U
Old 03-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lots of improvements coming to R.B.I. Baseball 18, includes franchise mode this y

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion

Even names?

Old 03-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #35
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Has there been any gameplay footage showed yet? The game is a couple of weeks away now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion

The link is for SMB 2, but the thread is for RBI Baseball. Was it just the wrong link posted, but you will be able to edit as in SMB 2, or was there just confusion on which game was being discussed?
Old 03-06-2018, 04:14 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
The link is for SMB 2, but the thread is for RBI Baseball. Was it just the wrong link posted, but you will be able to edit as in SMB 2, or was there just confusion on which game was being discussed?

We were discussing which game to get. I can’t play without real players and he was just confirming that you can edit all in SMB.

Back to RBI. Game drops in 2 weeks and not a lot of news out there. I probably will pick it up since I am a baseball junkie.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #38
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

I just do not understand why this gam still half asses it. I understand the dev team limitations, but a 10 year ranchise, yet with no a.i. Trades or minor lesgue players, how exsctly do thry plan to make this workable? Does no one retire? It says in the article there is progression, but do they age? Are there any influx of new players ever?
Even High Heat in its last installment had a rudimentary free agent system and minor league system even you couldnt actually play minor league games.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
I just do not understand why this gam still half asses it. I understand the dev team limitations, but a 10 year ranchise, yet with no a.i. Trades or minor lesgue players, how exsctly do thry plan to make this workable? Does no one retire? It says in the article there is progression, but do they age? Are there any influx of new players ever?
Even High Heat in its last installment had a rudimentary free agent system and minor league system even you couldnt actually play minor league games.

I think this is the first year they aren’t half assing it. Yes it is light years behind what we would like and the show. They went from being a app arcade game to an actual MLB game. There is progression, albeit not as much as we would want, but they are making the effort and the game appears to be trending in the right direction. Supposedly the roster updates through out the year so any new player that comes up can be added to your current franchise.

You have to look at the big pictures I guess and baseball games just aren’t widely popular. The show sold I believe about 1 million copies. I mean is that good, heck yes, but it isn’t a boat load. I assume madden sales a couple times more than that. I wish Sony would just release the game on Xbox and that will be it.

But we have this game and SMB, I will probably get both since they are affordable and both have great things to offer.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #40
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouserjr0614
I think this is the first year they aren’t half assing it. Yes it is light years behind what we would like and the show. They went from being a app arcade game to an actual MLB game. There is progression, albeit not as much as we would want, but they are making the effort and the game appears to be trending in the right direction. Supposedly the roster updates through out the year so any new player that comes up can be added to your current franchise.

You have to look at the big pictures I guess and baseball games just aren’t widely popular. The show sold I believe about 1 million copies. I mean is that good, heck yes, but it isn’t a boat load. I assume madden sales a couple times more than that. I wish Sony would just release the game on Xbox and that will be it.

But we have this game and SMB, I will probably get both since they are affordable and both have great things to offer.

Well im not trying to compare this to the show. I dont want it to be the show. I have a ps4 for that. Its just my opinion that they still are half assing it by adding in very shallow versions of a baseball experience. If they are going to try and make it an actual baseball game then by god, at least add in the reasons people may want to consider this more than just play once in a blue moon. They are setting themselves up for failure in my opinion especially since they arent even the only option for xbox owners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »