Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Never played RBI so I'm wondering if there are any difficulty levels, like rookie, pro, all-star, any thing like that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #26
Rookie

I never thought I would be saying this but RBI Baseball 14 makes MLB 2K9 look like a Picasso..
RBI Baseball 14 is the new E.T for the XBOX360...Total let down!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #27
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Updated OP w/ gameplay video. Sorry, no audio. Looking into it.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #28
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

It looks like Ken Griffey's Winning Run... fielding, pitching motion, batting stances. (Loved the game during the SNES era, but dun see this being more than a $15 game... especially with apparent fielding issues.)
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4
Anyone know if this is iCade compatible? Would make my day.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysosa
I never thought I would be saying this but RBI Baseball 14 makes MLB 2K9 look like a Picasso..
RBI Baseball 14 is the new E.T for the XBOX360...Total let down!!!
you have never played the original then...its not suppose to be a sim...what sort of game were you expecting?
Old 04-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I really don't understand how keeping stats out of it captures the essence of the original. As a kid I tried to keep my own stats on paper. There is a reason in the 80's dice games like strat-o-matic were so popular. If it was baseball, it was stats.

I could care less if the stats are realistic or completely inflated, they still make every at bat matter and fuel the fun to play a long season.

If they kept them out "in the spirit of the original", why do the graphics not look like power pro or some other bowling ball looking characters? You capture the original by making it feel and play like the original, not by purposely keeping out simple stat tracking. This was a business decision to not spend the time and I am going to make a business decision to not spend 20 dollars unless it is added in. I am not trying to be negative but don't skimp on development time and throw up a smoke screen like "in the spirit of the original" unless you are only going to charge 5 bucks on every platform.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
I really don't understand how keeping stats out of it captures the essence of the original. As a kid I tried to keep my own stats on paper. There is a reason in the 80's dice games like strat-o-matic were so popular. If it was baseball, it was stats.

I could care less if the stats are realistic or completely inflated, they still make every at bat matter and fuel the fun to play a long season.

If they kept them out "in the spirit of the original", why do the graphics not look like power pro or some other bowling ball looking characters? You capture the original by making it feel and play like the original, not by purposely keeping out simple stat tracking. This was a business decision to not spend the time and I am going to make a business decision to not spend 20 dollars unless it is added in. I am not trying to be negative but don't skimp on development time and throw up a smoke screen like "in the spirit of the original" unless you are only going to charge 5 bucks on every platform.
My thoughts exactly. No stats, no purchase for me. Because I'd just be opening Pandora's Box and end up with a notebook full of gamelogs, just like I used to do on NES! But this is 2014, I shouldn't have to keep a notebook to track my guys' numbers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »