Home

All Star Baseball 2005

This is a discussion on All Star Baseball 2005 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-18-2006, 04:35 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: All Star Baseball 2005

i just ordered ASB 2005 and ESPN 2k4 used $3 each from GS. mainly becuase i need baseball games on the 360 and both have xbox live play. hopefully they are worth it
Old 09-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Great, great game very underrated and dismissed because of some problems.
Very true. It it is a fantastic game and still has better stadiums than any console game I have seen since.

The problem with ASB, is that the issues were apparant pretty quickly......Like some of the suction catches. But some of the great things the game had (especially the details and inuendo of baseball) were not noticed until you had played several games.

EA on the other hand always had alot of flash out of the box, but didn't offer nearly as much depth down the road. And their bugs (Like the Lefty Bug) weren't immediately noticable. So for someone who rented both games for a weekend, probably didn't get the whole picture and went with EA.

I really enjoyed ASB '05. It is a real shame that Acclaim couldn't stay in business. I would love to see what '07 could have been like.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:38 PM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

There was a thread a few years back about all the great details in ASB. I think it was actually in anticipation of the '05 game. It really showed that the developers were baseball guys who loved the detail. Stuff like Ivy at Wrigley being Brown in April, then turning green in the summer. I can't remember the other stuff, but it was a very cool thread that got you fired up for the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #12
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

It's too bad that they took away the ability to edit rosters prior to a franchise in 05 (you could in 04). I'd probably still be playing this game if we could have updated rosters.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 09-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #13
D*d*c*t*d M*t f*n

Metman24's Arena

OVR: 7

After playing a few more games, I believe even more that this game is superior to anything released in the last 2yrs. And I love MLB the Show. But things like the pitchers actually warming in the bullpens, and working scoreboards in every stadium, (I was going to call these things 'little things' but they're not that little to me) give this game such an authentic feel. I also had to set the pitching down a notch, which was weird to say the least.

Things like dynamic counts and the ability to control any, or all fielders are ideas that should not have gone away. I wish someone would pick up this game and run with it, right into the next generation. The thought of what could be done with this title is mind boggling.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #14
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metman24
(I was going to call these things 'little things' but they're not that little to me)
I am with you there. I love the little touches. There are some folks on the boards here that tend to be a little preachy about gameplay being the only thing that matters.........That is until the developers mess up one of the features that is important to them LOL.

ASB had working out of town scores in their '03 version. Yet mighty EA and 2K haven't mastered that with the current round of offerings. I will never figure that one out.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:06 PM   #15
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

I just started playing this game again, and I'm having a blast. Did a fantasy draft since the rosters are obviously out of date...

One thing I really like about this game, it forces me to think about strategy more than maybe any other game I've played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #16
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

I heard that zone hitting was broke in this game, is that true? because if it works properly, i might pick this game up. I couldnt stand cursor hitting in all-star baseball and thats what keep me away from the series.

Last edited by bsb13; 10-07-2006 at 10:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »