Home

Anybody know Pawapuro ??

This is a discussion on Anybody know Pawapuro ?? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #25
Rookie

jomcclane's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Anybody know Pawapuro ??

I pre-ordered mine from play-asia.com.

I've only placed one other order with them, but the delivery was reasonably prompt. I used their regular shipping option and it took about a week to get here. I'm on the east coast of the United States.

As I recall, one of the two games in my previous order took them a week to get into stock. Once they got it in stock, they sent both games out together. I think they give you a choice if you're ordering more than one game - 1) ship each game separately as soon as each is in stock or 2) wait until all games in your order are in stock and then ship them all out together.

But this probably won't be an issue with Pawapuro 12. The game's release date is July 14 and my estimated ship date is July 15. But I did preorder a few weeks ago. I read somewhere that in Japan some popular new releases can be harder to get on their launch dates...because fewer copies are produced for the launch. But who knows?

Play-asia gives you different shipping options. I chose UPS because it looked to be the fastest and it was the most expensive. I just can't wait!

Not that you care, because they're no longer your team, but the Washington Nationals have done surprisingly well this season.

How do you watch Japanese baseball games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomcclane
I pre-ordered mine from play-asia.com.

I've only placed one other order with them, but the delivery was reasonably prompt. I used their regular shipping option and it took about a week to get here. I'm on the east coast of the United States.

As I recall, one of the two games in my previous order took them a week to get into stock. Once they got it in stock, they sent both games out together. I think they give you a choice if you're ordering more than one game - 1) ship each game separately as soon as each is in stock or 2) wait until all games in your order are in stock and then ship them all out together.

But this probably won't be an issue with Pawapuro 12. The game's release date is July 14 and my estimated ship date is July 15. But I did preorder a few weeks ago. I read somewhere that in Japan some popular new releases can be harder to get on their launch dates...because fewer copies are produced for the launch. But who knows?

Play-asia gives you different shipping options. I chose UPS because it looked to be the fastest and it was the most expensive. I just can't wait!

Not that you care, because they're no longer your team, but the Washington Nationals have done surprisingly well this season.

How do you watch Japanese baseball games?

Thanks ...I'm gonna order it from Play-Asia too
Do you have a email adress , mayve we can help each other out with Pawapuro( and I'll give you a couple of ways to watch japanese games ).
Old 07-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #27
Rookie

jomcclane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpen45
Thanks ...I'm gonna order it from Play-Asia too
Do you have a email adress , mayve we can help each other out with Pawapuro( and I'll give you a couple of ways to watch japanese games ).
My email address is [email protected]. I'd really appreciate the help.

If you give me your email address, I'm also willing to share anything and everything I've managed to learn about Pawapuro.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:54 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
My email address is [email protected]. I'd really appreciate the help.

If you give me your email address, I'm also willing to share anything and everything I've managed to learn about Pawapuro.
Hey guys, I can help out about the pitching.

There's 20 "junk balls" (the new version should have more like the new "shake" ball thrown by a chiba marine pitcher)

there all put into a system:

Slider system

The slider system consist of three pitches:
Slider
Hard slider
Cutter

The curve system consist of five pitches:
Curve
Slow curve
Drop
D curve
Sinking Slider

The Fork system consist of 7 pitches:
Forkball
Change-up
Circle Change
Palmball
Knuckleball
Splitter
V Slider

The Shot system consist of two pitches:
Shot
Hard Shot

A Shot pitch is a backdoor Slider (I think. I have to review the movement again)

A Drop is a hard breaking 12-6 curveball
A Slow Curve is a slurve

Here's some tips on how to pitch:

Sliders are very hittable so never let the slider break in the box
A great strikeout pitch are the D curve and the V Slider
Slurve are very difficult to hit.
The Sinking Slider is the best pitch in the Curve category

I'm very interested on watching some Japanese baseball myself. I'm a Mets fan but their not doing anything suprising lately, so I've been following the Softbank Hawks all season by stats and news only. Bullpen my email is [email protected] if you can help me out with viewing some games. I recently got Baseball Live 2005 and so far its alright. The pitching is excellent but the hitting is where I have the problem. I just can't get the timing right. And the fielding is takes a while to get used to. For example, to do a double play you have to press up + X to throw to second than X for first. Weird.

Last edited by skinz; 07-13-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:37 PM   #29
Rookie

Here's some definitons on some stats for players:
You don't know the searchin and researching I had to do to understand these games. I should do a FAQ one day.

You need the japanese language font to see them

Stats are based on letters. A= great G = downright horrible

ミ-ト = Contact

パ-ワ- = Power

走力 = Speed

肩力 = Arm strength

守備力 = Defensive feiding

エラ-率 = Ratio of erros

For Pitchers:

コントロ-ル = Control

スタミナ = Stamina
Old 07-14-2005, 08:50 PM   #30
Rookie

jomcclane's Arena

Question Re: Anybody know Pawapuro ??

skinz,

Question: how do you get and use the Japanese language font?
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
skinz,

Question: how do you get and use the Japanese language font?

What browser are you using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 09:08 PM   #32
Rookie

jomcclane's Arena

Netscape.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »