Home

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2024

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2024 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-17-2024, 04:59 PM   #49
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Whoa, I've never heard of this!

Would a VPN connecting through Japan help in any way, or how does this work?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
So, I answered my own question. The good news is that connecting to my VPN through Japan does get you on the Steam page. I don't know about account/purchase requirements with that in mind, but that's one step in the right direction.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-17-2024, 07:22 PM   #50
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
So, I answered my own question. The good news is that connecting to my VPN through Japan does get you on the Steam page. I don't know about account/purchase requirements with that in mind, but that's one step in the right direction.
Unfortunately, your Steam region is locked to wherever you purchased your first product. Changing your region is very tough and involves a lot of back and forth with Steam help. I went through this when I moved to Europe then back to the US. Each time I had to switch regions for whatever reason it was not an easy experience.

Of course, things may have gotten better since I last went through the process (~7-years ago).
Old 04-17-2024, 09:54 PM   #51
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Unfortunately, your Steam region is locked to wherever you purchased your first product. Changing your region is very tough and involves a lot of back and forth with Steam help. I went through this when I moved to Europe then back to the US. Each time I had to switch regions for whatever reason it was not an easy experience.

Of course, things may have gotten better since I last went through the process (~7-years ago).
What about having a Japanese Steam account, like having a Japanese Amazon or PSN account?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2024, 10:50 PM   #52
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
What about having a Japanese Steam account, like having a Japanese Amazon or PSN account?
Yes, but you need a Japanese address and once you make your first purchase, that account is locked to the region. I have a separate Japanese account and had to use a friends address to complete my first purchase way back when. Again, some of this stuff my have changed (hopefully), so double-check anything I'm saying.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:41 AM   #53
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

To add on to this, I read today that using a VPN to change your location and buy the game is against TOS. It can get your account banned/restricted because it's illegal due to regional price differences I guess. My first thought was buy a Steam gift card on Play Asia and switch the location with a VPN so I looked around to see if it was possible. It's weird because that's basically the exact method to do it on PS5, which I've done for a bunch of Japanese games and have never been hit by Sony for switching back to the US account immediately after. But I guess people have been banned on Steam for this before.
Old 04-18-2024, 04:13 AM   #54
Rookie

marbury's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow this sounds like pretty bad news for ppl without a PS5

Would have never thought it will be so difficult on other platforms to get games from different regions especially when it is so easy to do on PSN and Nintendo Eshop.
大谷 翔平 #17
Shohei Ohtani
It's ThaGreatMuta
Old 04-18-2024, 08:00 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
To add on to this, I read today that using a VPN to change your location and buy the game is against TOS. It can get your account banned/restricted because it's illegal due to regional price differences I guess. My first thought was buy a Steam gift card on Play Asia and switch the location with a VPN so I looked around to see if it was possible. It's weird because that's basically the exact method to do it on PS5, which I've done for a bunch of Japanese games and have never been hit by Sony for switching back to the US account immediately after. But I guess people have been banned on Steam for this before.
Sounds like it will be time to hit the high seas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2024, 10:00 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbury
Wow this sounds like pretty bad news for ppl without a PS5

Would have never thought it will be so difficult on other platforms to get games from different regions especially when it is so easy to do on PSN and Nintendo Eshop.
I still think English PC players could potentially be in a better position if we get access to the game legally, and someone is able to mod the menus with an English translation. Which is pretty much impossible on the PS5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »