Home

WBSC eBASEBALL POWER PROS Review From Pro Yakyuu Veteran

This is a discussion on WBSC eBASEBALL POWER PROS Review From Pro Yakyuu Veteran within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-17-2023, 04:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
WBSC eBASEBALL POWER PROS Review From Pro Yakyuu Veteran

WBSC eBASEBALL POWER PROS ($1.00 on PlayStation/Switch) Review

https://youtu.be/VGDNBBktrxA

Look. The game is a dollar. Not much to complain about at that price point, but here’s my pros and cons list for anybody who’s interested.

Pros:

It’s $1.00. Even if you hate it, what did you really lose for giving it a shot?

It’s a baseball game with national teams. That in and of itself sold it for me considering NHL/FIFA (two sports I have zero interest in) are the only other ones who include national teams… despite everything else I’m about to say in the cons section.

Side note to this point:

I’m looking at you, MLB The Show and NBA2K. Absolutely criminal MLBTS has the WBSC/US Baseball license and isn’t having any sort of World Baseball Classic mode this year. Likewise for 2K with being owned by the same parent company as Rockstar. They can afford to put the FIBA World Basketball Cup and Olympics in the games every 4 years. Even NBA Live 10 had the FIBA World Cup mode.

Plays just like the Pro Yakyuu Spirits and NPB Power Pros games I import from Japan every year. That means I think Gameplay is superb for those who haven’t heard of or played those titles. (I have a copy of the 2019 Pro Yakuu game that is useless to me now if anyone would want it shipped to them. First person to ask gets it. I highly recommend the games)

Also, for anyone nostalgic for the mid 2000’s MLB Power Pros game on the Wii and PS2… this is your fix. It’s exactly the same, but without the jank all games of that era had.

Tournament mode is addicting even against CPU. You can choose single elimination or pool play with up to 8 teams (4 if playing local all user controlled)

Cons:

Lack of game modes, but again.. it’s a dollar. But the Japanese League imports I play have several modes. Many more than MLB The Show does, but this only has Play Now, Online Tournament and Offline Tournament.

The game has commentary off by default. For those that find that to be an odd move.. it’s because they only recorded commentary in Japanese. However, it feels a lot more “alive” with it turned on anyways. Those of you who watch anime or play the Yakuza series games probably won’t even notice. May be jarring for those who are taking their first foray into completely foreign dialogue in their video games with this game.

There’s no official rosters. You can’t even edit them. All the names are Japanese in origin for ALL countries. It’s very immersion killing.

Likewise, no uniforms. However there is a somewhat decent uniform editor. It’s not NBA 2k by any means. More like the PS2 era EA NCAA and Madden Create-A-Team’s. That said, you can make some very believable uniforms for every country you choose. I’ve done a decent job of it for 13 countries so far.

Below is a photo example of my uniform edits from a game of China vs the USA.

https://imgur.com/a/0uXm5Ld

Last edited by christianlowe; 02-17-2023 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Messed up the copypasta from other places I’ve posted my review.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »