Home

Longest standing members.

This is a discussion on Longest standing members. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2018, 07:05 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Longest standing members.

Oh, and there was another forum a lot of the order posters went too after some "issues" here, Clay, Sully, etc. Cannot remember what they were called though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #66
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I think its only fitting that my 40,000th post is posted in the longest standing members thread.

And I remember that site Dook, but I can't remember the name. I think I joined there.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #67
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
A correction here: OS and Maddenmania were two separate things. I was a member of both at the same time Maddenmania / Digital Sports Mania merged into OS in 2009, I think.

OS itself dates back to like 1998 in some form or another, but the earliest join dates you'll see for anyone on the forums is summer 2002.

Yeah I knew it was the late 90s . I knew i wasn’t crazy. Seems like i was lurking around during my Senior year in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #68
Rookie for life...

Wasted Penguins's Arena

OVR: 12

14 year member here. I remember lurking here before July 2004 though

Cleveland Indians
Cleveland Cavs
Cleveland Browns
Columbus Bluejackets
The Ohio State University Buckeyes
The Youngstown State University Penguins
Old 09-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I was a mod at Maddenplanet before I had a falling out with a guy there who was also a mod, Rack, and AndyP banned me from there. So I reluctantly came here and have been here every since.

I was also a member of Maddenmania as well but I more or less lurked there and rarely posted.

I've too come a long way since joining, I used to be quite the drinker and get myself in trouble here on occasion when I was single but now I'm married so on the rare occasion I drink I typically don't come here (I've grown wiser LOL).

I would be remiss if I didn't say something though I haven't seen mentioned, Fairdale Kings! I used to work with Fairdale Kings on his NCAA rosters and met many people that way. My job was to secure an early copy for FK and I usually was able to come through for him since Ohio was a hotspot for it.

But I also helped him with tech support and that was pretty cool. I recall one guy who didn't understand how to load the NCAA rosters and I helped him get it loaded. Turned out he worked for Microsoft and I thought maybe, for a second, I was in trouble. But nope, in fact quite the opposite.

The guy gave me 3 years of Xbox Live codes and asked if I wanted a game. I couldn't think of any MS games I'd want so I told him instead of that I'd like a discount or used racing wheel if he could do that. I didn't figure he'd end up sending me a new racing wheel but sure enough about 6 weeks later this huge package showed up at my workplace and sure enough, a MS Xbox 360 racing wheel!

I still occasionally talk to FK on Xbox Live but his star, and by default mine, have faded since the glory days of the NCAA series.

Glad I found this place though, and I always wonder whatever happened to AndyP.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-05-2018, 11:53 AM   #70
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Oh, and there was another forum a lot of the order posters went too after some "issues" here, Clay, Sully, etc. Cannot remember what they were called though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, PK500 and some people like that too, i forget the name of that forum though, i was there for a bit but eventually stopped.

Also, it wasn't an ocean, it was a intercoastal waterway
Old 09-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #71
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I was a mod at Maddenplanet before I had a falling out with a guy there who was also a mod, Rack, and AndyP banned me from there. So I reluctantly came here and have been here every since.

I was also a member of Maddenmania as well but I more or less lurked there and rarely posted.

I've too come a long way since joining, I used to be quite the drinker and get myself in trouble here on occasion when I was single but now I'm married so on the rare occasion I drink I typically don't come here (I've grown wiser LOL).

I would be remiss if I didn't say something though I haven't seen mentioned, Fairdale Kings! I used to work with Fairdale Kings on his NCAA rosters and met many people that way. My job was to secure an early copy for FK and I usually was able to come through for him since Ohio was a hotspot for it.

But I also helped him with tech support and that was pretty cool. I recall one guy who didn't understand how to load the NCAA rosters and I helped him get it loaded. Turned out he worked for Microsoft and I thought maybe, for a second, I was in trouble. But nope, in fact quite the opposite.

The guy gave me 3 years of Xbox Live codes and asked if I wanted a game. I couldn't think of any MS games I'd want so I told him instead of that I'd like a discount or used racing wheel if he could do that. I didn't figure he'd end up sending me a new racing wheel but sure enough about 6 weeks later this huge package showed up at my workplace and sure enough, a MS Xbox 360 racing wheel!

I still occasionally talk to FK on Xbox Live but his star, and by default mine, have faded since the glory days of the NCAA series.

Glad I found this place though, and I always wonder whatever happened to AndyP.
Oh man FK was awesome. Totally forgot about that dude.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #72
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Yeah I knew it was the late 90s . I knew i wasn’t crazy. Seems like i was lurking around during my Senior year in college.

yeah I was around a little before my time stamp here says, it was prob some time in 2001, then I came back a while later and the site was different so I resigned back up, been here ever since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »