Home

Mom want to move in with me and my roommates.

This is a discussion on Mom want to move in with me and my roommates. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Mom want to move in with me and my roommates.s.

Ok I really hate how this site automatically logs you out after a certain period of time. I just lost everything I typed. I'm gonna try to make this simple and give you crisper view on the situation.

I move out and go to college. Months later my mom signs me up on credit card.(Yes she forged my signature and I don't know anything about it at this time) Right around this time I meet amber. Summer break comes by and I want to go home have my mom meet new gf. For some reason my mom fights with me not about gf but about not seeing her enough. She tells me not to come home and tells me to go **** off. Things were rough between me and my mom for some time but then it cooled off. Christmas break come up and mom pulls this **** again. So now I'm stuck with nowhere else to go for Christmas. So I go home with my gf for christmas to meet her family. I still sent my mom and my brother a gift and card while I got nothing. No christmas card no birthday card. Later she finds out about where I went for Christmas break and says I'm picking my gf over my family but what's really going is that my mom is pushing me away. Anyways...mom has stroke loses job and then gets new job then loses it again, harasses me and my gf calling us both up. This **** goes on for another year. Fast forward. I get a call from from Capital one saying that I owe 800$. They told me where the card was signed and that’s how I found out it was my mom *note I wired her 100$ to help her out even while she being a total bitch to me and my gf so it wasn't like I never tried to help her out. Well now my credit is ****ed up and it's harder then ever for me to get approved for school loans. Now I want this off my name. And now I’m thinking about pressing charges but it’s my mom and I can’t do that. So I told her that I was gonna report her try to get this off my name but I was not gonna press charges. She throws fit and says she loves me and that she wants move in with me because she wants to help pay off the debt. Sounds like a good plan? Or is she gonna try reck a good thing between me and my girl. This is really tough decision.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Give her a bus ticket to the nearest family she has house. Because I am telling you now, if she moves in, she will just poison your relationship that you and your GF has. Which in turn might cause your GF to leave you.
Agreed. It's a parent's obligation to take care of the child. Not a favor. Not a solid. That is the job of the parent. It's kind of the definition of parent.

Children do not have to take care of their parents, particularly when they are under the age of 65. If you sacrifice your early adult years for her, you may never recover. Lend her money and give her advice, but do not...DO NOT let her move in. You will be miserable. Besides everything else, most people are uncomfortable with the reversed dynamic of having their children take care of them.

You gotta get your own life going and build yourself up before you can start helping other people.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatlookinhair
Ok I really hate how this site automatically logs you out after a certain period of time. I just lost everything I typed. I'm gonna try to make this simple and give you crisper view on the situation.

I move out and go to college. Months later my mom signs me up on credit card.(Yes she forged my signature and I don't know anything about it at this time) Right around this time I meet amber. Summer break comes by and I want to go home have my mom meet new gf. For some reason my mom fights with me not about gf but about not seeing her enough. She tells me not to come home and tells me to go **** off. Things were rough between me and my mom for some time but then it cooled off. Christmas break come up and mom pulls this **** again. So now I'm stuck with nowhere else to go for Christmas. So I go home with my gf for christmas to meet her family. I still sent my mom and my brother a gift and card while I got nothing. No christmas card no birthday card. Later she finds out about where I went for Christmas break and says I'm picking my gf over my family but what's really going is that my mom is pushing me away. Anyways...mom has stroke loses job and then gets new job then loses it again, harasses me and my gf calling us both up. This **** goes on for another year. Fast forward. I get a call from from Capital one saying that I owe 800$. They told me where the card was signed and that’s how I found out it was my mom *note I wired her 100$ to help her out even while she being a total bitch to me and my gf so it wasn't like I never tried to help her out. Well now my credit is ****ed up and it's harder then ever for me to get approved for school loans. Now I want this off my name. And now I’m thinking about pressing charges but it’s my mom and I can’t do that. So I told her that I was gonna report her try to get this off my name but I was not gonna press charges. She throws fit and says she loves me and that she wants move in with me because she wants to help pay off the debt. Sounds like a good plan? Or is she gonna try reck a good thing between me and my girl. This is really tough decision.
Wow, if your mom's f-ing with you that much I'd have to lean towards not doing this...I can't see it ending up well, you'll just get used by your mom for 9 months and probably break you and your girlfriend up
Old 01-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #20
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

You only have one mom and when she's gone you'll realize how precious the time together is. You can never patch up those petty diffrences or get the time back once it's passed.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #21
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjowers29
You only have one mom and when she's gone you'll realize how precious the time together is. You can never patch up those petty diffrences or get the time back once it's passed.
Hmm, sounds like his mom is the person who needs to realize this, not him.

And yeah, I would lean towards not doing it after reading that explanatory post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #22
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjowers29
she forged his information and ruined his credit, along with constantly ****ing him over when it matters most. I'd say that's definitely not petty.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #23
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Your mom stole from you dude.

You have a 3 year old brother to worry about and that kinda complicates things. Are you worried about his welfare?

Additionally , you can just let your mom move in without your roommates consent. What about your landlord? Many leases forbid anyone not in the signed lease to live in the residence. You could jeopardize getting you and all your roommates evicted .

You can help your mother without having her move into your home.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #24
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
You have a 3 year old brother to worry about and that kinda complicates things. Are you worried about his welfare?

Additionally , you can just let your mom move in without your roommates consent. What about your landlord? Many leases forbid anyone not in the signed lease to live in the residence. You could jeopardize getting you and all your roommates evicted .

You can help your mother without having her move into your home.
Both very legit concerns, and I agree with the last point as well. Try to help in whatever way you can, but it really seems like a bad idea to allow her to move in with you, even if it is otherwise allowable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »