Home

Old 03-21-2016, 05:17 PM   #561
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Twitter

I mainly use mine just to post when I'm going live on Twitch.

Its in Sig below.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2024, 01:19 PM   #562
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I need help with X/Twitter.

I was banned from it back in August because my account was hacked and there were a couple of posts on there that said something like "Purchase stocks for PEPE" or something stupid.

There is no real way to reach out to them except to submit an appeal, and the process is gruesomely tedious, one-way, and amounts to nothing productive whatsoever.

I've made seven appeals in total, always demanding I speak to somebody live, explain the situation, etc. My main goal/objective was simply to log in, delete those stupid posts, change my password, and move on. Yet I was constantly greeted with silence.

One time they got back to me and said this:

Quote:
Thanks for reaching out. We’re unable to verify you as the account owner with the information you provided. If you believe that your account was compromised by someone else, please file a new support request to provide us with more information related to the accounts, so we can best support you.
And then proceeded to give me the same appeals link as before, which is a vicious cycle of nothingness.

The next time, I got this reply:

Quote:
Hello,

We received your request to have your account reinstated.

Please respond to this email with the reason you believe your account suspension was in error and/or the reason you are requesting an appeal.

Once we receive your response, we will review and provide a follow up response with the outcome of our review. If this request is for an account reinstatement under our new criteria, please allow 3-5 days for us to review and respond. In some instances, it may take us longer to get back to you.

Thanks,

Twitter
I gave my name, phone number, e-mail address, said I would provide any other requested information, etc. No reply.

However, a couple of days ago when I submitted an appeal, I got the following e-mail message:

Quote:
Hello,

Your account was suspended due to multiple or repeat violations of the X Rules:
https://x.com/rules.

This account will not be restored.

This case will now be closed and replies will not be monitored.

Thanks,
X
What the actual ****?!

Then out of the blue, this e-mail was sent by them:

Quote:
Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that we’ve unsuspended your account. Should you run into any trouble logging back in, try requesting a password reset email. It may take an hour or so for your follower and following numbers to return to normal.

Please note that your account was previously suspended for violating one or more of the X Rules, such as:

. . . . . [insert reasons here] . . . . .

Please note that repeated violations of the X rules may result in suspension.

Thanks,
X
This does not work, though. I am still not able to log in. I can't even see posts from another profile. I couldn't reset my password if I wanted to despite what they said.

I am losing my mind over this. If anyone knows how I can call them or live chat with them or something, that would be tremendous.

Thanks.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-05-2024, 03:20 PM   #563
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If anyone knows how I can call them or live chat with them or something, that would be tremendous.
You're likely going to be better off just starting a new account or migrating to a different social media service.

The jackass at the top of Twitter / X has reduced head count at the company by over 80% since he purchased the platform in 2022. I simply cannot imagine that the company even has anything more than a token customer support department anymore.
Old 04-05-2024, 03:41 PM   #564
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
You're likely going to be better off just starting a new account or migrating to a different social media service.

The jackass at the top of Twitter / X has reduced head count at the company by over 80% since he purchased the platform in 2022. I simply cannot imagine that the company even has anything more than a token customer support department anymore.
The problem is that when I try and click on links people post on here, I can't view anything on there. It just says I'm suspended.

They said I can't create a new account, but I assume it's just from that e-mail. I'm still fuming over it in general that they don't have better protocols regarding account fraudulence. When this happened to my Facebook, they let me know that they suspected it, asked if it was me, suggested I change my password or turn on 2FA, etc. These twats just say I'm permanently banned from there with no legitimate chance of appeal or turnaround.

What's funny is my sister's good friend was Elon Musk's personal assistant for about seven years. I could probably use some of the right channels to talk to that highest up person, but I'm sure that's low on his priority level.

I just don't know why X can't be contacted.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-05-2024, 11:02 PM   #565
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, Twitter's customer service sucks. Last year tried to contact them and it took them weeks to get back to me, had forgotten all about it, didn't even open to see what it said. Now full of bots anywhere, that's no free speech issue, that's a maintenance / house keeping issue.

But the other day saw that Tesla is having an awful 1stQ, so I take a modicum of solace in that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2024, 01:23 AM   #566
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
They said I can't create a new account, but I assume it's just from that e-mail. I'm still fuming over it in general that they don't have better protocols regarding account fraudulence. When this happened to my Facebook, they let me know that they suspected it, asked if it was me, suggested I change my password or turn on 2FA, etc. These twats just say I'm permanently banned from there with no legitimate chance of appeal or turnaround.
Have you seen anything from Elon in the last two years that shows he cares at all about the legitimacy of an account?

Make a new account, share some memes that only make sense to the terminally online crowd, and you'll never get banned again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »