Home

OS Annual Christmas Thread

This is a discussion on OS Annual Christmas Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-06-2022, 08:20 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: OS Annual Christmas Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Nolefan,

I have no words. Im sorry my friend and im happy that you had a decent Thanksgiving especially after last year. I hope that your little one helps lift your spirits. I can’t imagine how you feel. I saw my wife go through losing her father 2 years ago, and I was amazed at her strength. I truly believe our 2 little ones helped focus her love for her father into our kids. She also tells them stories about her Dad all the time.

I hope your spirits stay up and that you have a great Christmas.

Thank you very much, Mike! You’re right too…pouring into my kiddo and telling him many stories about PaPa really helps! I also learned how much children do understand about life and the loss thereof! Mind blowing!

Happy Holidays Guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2022, 11:14 PM   #42
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

I watched Spirited tonight with my wife. We loved it. It’s getting 6.6/10 on the reviews. Crazy. I’m not a fan of musicals, but I really liked it. This movie will become part of our Christmas movie rotation.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:44 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
From Halloween 2021 my Dad was in the hospital fitting a rare form of lymphoma. We lost him in January. I gotta say though...the holidays, well Thanksgiving, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be despite spending last Thanksgiving having dinner in a hospital room.

I actually played Christmas music Saturday while figuring out how to connect the lights on our pre-lit tree (I never remember) so that they all work and I can get my 6 yo off my back.
Thats hard I lost my grandma back in late march of 2019 the only one I have been close to that I have lost before. My grandparents on my moms side always been very close to has they would watch me and my sister when I was little and I have never went more than like a month and a half not seeing them used to live right up the hill from them. She had Alzhemer the last like 5 years or so of her life and also had really bad Arhrisist her last several years to and couldn't breath that great from like the 40 years she smooked before she stopped. So her last few years her life was not that good. My grandpa is still alive so I try to enjoy what ever time I have left with him has you just never know. He will be 86 in a few weeks. Around holidays I tend to think of my grandma more and the night she past I just kept listing to the song Lord I need you like over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Smallville,

I’m sorry that you have to go through the job hunting hell again and or having to go back to the job you hate. I wish I had away to help, but know above everything else, you are still living and that’s the important thing. Keep kicking at the can as long as you have air in your lungs. I hope you find a little Christmas spirit as this years comes to an end. Keep your head up brother!
Yeah I just hate what its doing to me all the frustration for like years and years has made me a very like bitter grumpy person and I know people say life is like valleys and mountains and like bad seasons but being I have basically been dealing with this for like 10+ years I am just like man how long is this season going to last am I ever going to enjoy life again instead of just felling like ever day is a waste.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:46 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Elf on the Shelf things…

Old 12-12-2022, 12:32 AM   #45
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

We’ve had a weekend full of Christmas celebrations, activities and even had time to go to my friends birthday party. 5 of us got together and got our good friend/brother a Xbox Series X for his birthday. We came up with the idea on Thursday and gave it to him on Saturday. He was shocked. I was shocked we actually found one. It was a nice moment. I have a great circle of friends. The guy who we were celebrating and 3 of the guys that went in on the gift were in my wedding party.

So, needless to say we had a great weekend. We ended it with a family drive to look at the Christmas lights because it snowed this morning. It was nice. I love that my kids consider it a tradition already and they are only 6 and 3 years of age.

Hope you guys are getting in the mood. 2 weeks today is the big day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2022, 12:49 AM   #46
All Star

OVR: 0

I hate winter outside of christmas and snow. Like I hate rain and the fact when it rains where I live its normally cold rain like 40s-50s. It has been extremely cool fall basically has felt like winter for like a month and a half already. We got a little bit of snow today just a few patches on the ground. I would love if we could get snow on Christmas I am 33 and it has never snowed on Christmas and if it did I was only like 2 and don't remember or something. It used to be we only got snow in jan-march that is why we don't get white Christmas but with how much the weather has changed the last 10 years or so we. get snow in like November/December ever year and some times in march now. Even had back to back years several years ago where it snowed in may didn't think that was possible. When it does snow we normally get 1-2 inches or it don't even stick like 99% of the time. Last year we got like a once ever 15 year type of storm with like 16 inches of snow like 2 days after Christmas. So yeah I want a white Christmas.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:46 AM   #47
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

She is patiently waiting for Santa

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-12-2022, 12:07 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

More Elf shenanigans… Cool to hear the kid say, “I like Vector. He does funny things!”

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »