Home

Some questions for a returning OOTP player

This is a discussion on Some questions for a returning OOTP player within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-27-2022, 11:27 AM   #1
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0
Some questions for a returning OOTP player

I have returned to pick up OOTP 23 after a few years away and have some questions. I tried asking these on the OOTP boards but have not received any responses. They might be on several different subjects but rather put them all in one thread

1- How do I take a few teams and put them under human control without the whole league being on human control? I want to play and manage all games for all teams in the Mets organization. And currently the only way I found to do that is if I put every team in the entire universe under human control. That is way too much work for me.

2- Historical League Question- So I am curious if say I started in 1986. Would each year the players drafted on certain teams for the following seasons be drafted by them or do i do each draft and rewrite history? Or do I have the option to do either or? And then free agency I assume would just be wide open each year?

3- 1- Do Japan players and such in this game get posted for bidding occasionally like that do currently?

Thank you in advance.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2022, 10:57 PM   #2

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Some questions for a returning OOTP player

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
I have returned to pick up OOTP 23 after a few years away and have some questions. I tried asking these on the OOTP boards but have not received any responses. They might be on several different subjects but rather put them all in one thread

1- How do I take a few teams and put them under human control without the whole league being on human control? I want to play and manage all games for all teams in the Mets organization. And currently the only way I found to do that is if I put every team in the entire universe under human control. That is way too much work for me.

2- Historical League Question- So I am curious if say I started in 1986. Would each year the players drafted on certain teams for the following seasons be drafted by them or do i do each draft and rewrite history? Or do I have the option to do either or? And then free agency I assume would just be wide open each year?

3- 1- Do Japan players and such in this game get posted for bidding occasionally like that do currently?

Thank you in advance.
If you just want to control the whole organization, you should be able to change setting lineups and such in the "Manager Options" screen. Then you just have to manually change which team you're managing day-to-day in the top row of options, (first you change the league, then the you should be able to "Play Game" under the Play heading)

You have the option to do either, I did a complete re-do of history post-1961, the only part that changes is that International FAs don't get signed, they get drafted, so for instance, in my re-do Ichiro was drafted by the Mets. (Side note because it was fun to think about while watching it play out, Bonds was on the Mets, and McGwire was on the Yankees as they all played out the 90s HR chase)

So far in my one season, no players have been posted, but I checked the options and it's all still there, so no reason for me to think it's gone.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:50 AM   #3
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
If you just want to control the whole organization, you should be able to change setting lineups and such in the "Manager Options" screen. Then you just have to manually change which team you're managing day-to-day in the top row of options, (first you change the league, then the you should be able to "Play Game" under the Play heading)

You have the option to do either, I did a complete re-do of history post-1961, the only part that changes is that International FAs don't get signed, they get drafted, so for instance, in my re-do Ichiro was drafted by the Mets. (Side note because it was fun to think about while watching it play out, Bonds was on the Mets, and McGwire was on the Yankees as they all played out the 90s HR chase)

So far in my one season, no players have been posted, but I checked the options and it's all still there, so no reason for me to think it's gone.
Awesome thank you.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 09-21-2022, 06:42 PM   #4
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Actually there is a way to have several human managers without having to "act as" any team.

Click the drop-down menu on your managers name, then select Other Human Managers, then Add/Edit Managers.
From here you can add/remove/edit as many humans as you like (be sure to add a second one first or you will just be editing the current human manager) and have commish mode on or off for each human controlled manager.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »