Home

Dragon's Dogma 2

This is a discussion on Dragon's Dogma 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2024, 07:09 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dragon's Dogma 2

The one thing keeping me from picking this up is what I've read about the "constant" combat/random encounters. It's sounds like you can't walk for more than 15 seconds in the open world without running into another pack of goblins or wolves.

Some may enjoy this (if true), but it sounds pretty miserable to me. Can someone confirm if this is the case? I like the ability to stop and smell the roses quite a bit in my open world RPGs (think The Witcher 3).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2024, 08:43 PM   #26
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry422
The one thing keeping me from picking this up is what I've read about the "constant" combat/random encounters. It's sounds like you can't walk for more than 15 seconds in the open world without running into another pack of goblins or wolves.

Some may enjoy this (if true), but it sounds pretty miserable to me. Can someone confirm if this is the case? I like the ability to stop and smell the roses quite a bit in my open world RPGs (think The Witcher 3).
Some areas of the map are more congested than others. But yeah you will come across combat quite a bit. Even if you take an ox cart, you have a high chance of having combat. Now you don't have to fight them, you can simply run right passed them majority of the time.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:37 AM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry422

Constant combat is true AND fun. This is not a negative for me lol. Reminds me of Shadow of Mordor in a way.

I haven’t seen the whole map but so far the landscape is not very different. DAI has far more varied environments. This game it feels I’m constantly walking on a path surrounded by ridges so the combat is funnelled to me. Hopefully this improves
Old 03-28-2024, 10:26 AM   #28
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Constant combat is true AND fun. This is not a negative for me lol. Reminds me of Shadow of Mordor in a way.

I haven’t seen the whole map but so far the landscape is not very different. DAI has far more varied environments. This game it feels I’m constantly walking on a path surrounded by ridges so the combat is funnelled to me. Hopefully this improves
Go to the southwest corner of the map. Vastly different. Stunning to look at but ultra dangerous. I went there as a level 15, died a lot, ran a ton.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:33 AM   #29
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Still trying to find the right mix of pawns. So far I am an archer and I am really not feeling it. I have a thief, mage and fighter. I had a warrior and I swear she didn't even fight half the time, it was pissing me off. I might switch to being a mage because every mage I hired so far be passive as hell. I want a mage to tear stuff up in combat. My new fighter is a beast lady, she is a guide which is helpful, however I noticed she dies quiet a bit for a fighter, like way too much. Only helpful thing my current mage does is that when a pawn dies, she will run over there, pick them up and bring them to me for I can revive them. Which is cool, but it is like kill something. It is like my best fighter is my thief.
I made my pawn a mage that would focus on healing. She swoops in and saves the team (mostly me) all the time. Can't count the number of times I've heard the master has fallen , stay there I'm coming line or you're injured stand by me I'll heal you. She's also good on attack. Teams up with the archer pawn to get those damn harpies out of the air.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-29-2024, 04:15 AM   #30
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Yeah after messing around with different vocations, I agree a good mage is essential. I also back to being an archer again. For some reason I have yet to come across a pawn that was as good and as effective as being an archer I am. I be taking those siren birds out with the quickness, for some reason my archer pawns that I hired seem to struggle with them.

My group currently:

Me - archer
Main Pawn - Fighter. Oh man she is such a bad *** too.
Mage - This time I have one that is semi aggressive. Before my mages were passive. This one don't mind getting down and dirty if need be.
Warrior - Another female tank that is ultra aggressive.

I normally spot enemies before my pawns do and be sniping them from far off. Then I tell my pawns to attack. My fighter and warrior take off with my mage go half way. But if she feels my fighter and warrior are out numbered she will jump in too. Think I have a pretty solid group right now that is well balanced. Me and my main pawn are decked out with good weapons and very good armor which is key imo since your main pawn can't save you if they die too.

Given a choice, I would invest in good armor first. You want to be able to take strong blows. Than afterwards invest in good weapons for you can deal out massive blows. I personally don't see the need to invest in the other 2 pawns since you can always swap them out, unless you find that golden pawn that you really like and want to keep forever.

This is definitely my unexpected hit game of 2024.
Old 03-30-2024, 07:50 AM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I’ve mainly just been screwing around instead of doing the main missions. I’m a level 21 there with good skills and armour. Just unlocked Mystic Spearhand but I have to drop from level 7 Thief to Level 1 Spearhand. I can’t use the same equipment so I have to build him up from the start. Very few skills again too. This is tough. Sticking with thief for now but I do want to try this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2024, 12:10 PM   #32
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Level 27 archer currently. Kind of funny 2 days ago I finally realized you can advanced search for pawns to look for the specific type of pawn you want. Finally replaced 2 of my side pawns last night and replaced them with some level 34s. I tend to hire pawns that are higher up than me. Got another fighter and a mage. To me so far at least, Mages are pretty essential to have at least one to keep everybody healed.

Oh yeah one night I was camping and my camp got attacked while we were sleeping. That was chaos. I do love that dark areas and night time are truly DARK. Where as you need to turn on a lantern to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »