Home

Dragon's Dogma 2

This is a discussion on Dragon's Dogma 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-22-2024, 08:40 AM   #9
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dragon's Dogma 2

Heard this game was also microtransaction heavy so Im gonna pass.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:08 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 8

Yeah, I don't think that the micro transactions were well advertised (shocker). The examples that I have seen are pretty insane (even if they are avoidable).

Last edited by KSUowls; 03-22-2024 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:06 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the MTX not all for things you can earn by playing naturally? They're just shortcuts for people willing to spend money to save some time.

I don't have an issue with them in that case.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2024, 05:44 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Just getting started but I fail to see how this game shouldn’t have hit a locked 60 fps. The graphics and animations on PS5 look like a PS4 game lol. The fade to black cut scenes with dialogue button presses is like a PS3 format. I know what a lot of the reviewers meant by goofy or inferior things like this. But I’m excited to get out and explore today. Looks like each vocation will have some cool fighting skills but you have to wait to add them to your character as you level up.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:06 AM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Played a couple hours this morning. Once you get to a town where you can upgrade your character skills and then set out on adventure it gets good. Lots of things to fight. I quickly dump bad pawns for better ones when I can lol. I did venture into a cave and got my *** kicked after thinking things were too easy.

Kind of wish I stuck with my initial plan of being a fighter. Went thief with my main pawn a fighter instead of a mage sidekick. Inventory weight concerns are real. Dump some stuff off on your pawns.

Having fun so far.

Edit: glad pawn controls are simple and you don’t have full control over them. DAI was annoying with how much you had to manage.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 03-23-2024 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:00 PM   #14
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Watched The Green Knight earlier so I used Dev Patel as the model for my Arisen. I'm sure with more time or skill I could have done a better job but I'm happy with it.

About 7 hours in so far:
- 3 creating my Arisen (warrior) and Pawn (mage)
- 2 main story
- 2 wandering into trouble and doing NPC quest

Love how dark the nights get. Really amps up the risk/reward of when to set out on your journey. FYI - I believe the day night cycles through every 45 real world minutes.

I'm still rolling with the 2 low level pawns I used to fill out my part in the beginning. We feel like a real team so I'm hesitant to let them go but probably should. Also the pawns pointing out treasure, killing and gathering stuff on their own is really helpful. They repeat some lines too often but I can live with it.

Overall I'm really enjoying the game. it's an open world but not too open if that makes sense. I feel like I have the freedom to go wherever but it's not overwhelming since there aren't map markers screaming at you everywhere.18e719c0d6f29-screenshotUrl.jpeggreen-knight-anatomy1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpeggreen-knight-dev-patel.jpeg18e719bdeb541-screenshotUrl.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-24-2024, 11:01 PM   #15
MVP

Watched a few playthroughs of this and it’s just not enticing me to buy. We’ve seen so many fantasy open world games that for me the luster has been completely wiped away, especially when there have been titles before it that have done some of the more nuanced things better.

At this point there are a few non negotiables that I’m not seeing, near absolute requirements (some things can get a pass, but rarely).

Not going to deep dive into those requirements at the moment (I’ll probably come back and edit a list in), but yeah, all I saw was ho hum, generic fantasy world that animates like a PS3 game with a PS5 sheen over it.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 03-24-2024 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2024, 05:07 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

The amount of skills you can acquire for each vocation is cool. You do have to level up to get these things and open up new vocation choices. But it makes combat a lot of fun. I don’t even think I’ve done much for the main quest. I don’t miss fast travel as I walk and am constantly fighting. High giving pawns after battles is fun.

There are definite old school drawbacks with some things but it’s a fun open world with good combat. I fought a Gryphon yesterday and was climbing on him and hacking his head when it took off flying. I ran out of stamina holding on and fell to my death. I did see a video where that happened to someone but they were caught and saved. One issue with combat is you don’t know how strong some enemies are until you get your as kicked. It’s realistic but you better run sometimes.

Dump old pawns as you level up. Side pawns don’t level up with you in real time. You can favourite the, and look for them later. Higher levels have better skills. Buying new weapons is expensive. I’m hesitant to blow my money. Three sets of currency. Gold for buying, XP for skills upgrades and RC for pawn purchases.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/dra...kills-augments

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 03-25-2024 at 05:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »