Home

Old 12-15-2021, 09:39 PM   #9
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Dying Light 2

This was probably the best game I didn't finish last gen. Bought it again recently for cheap on PC... Probably not going to finish it, but it's definitely getting me in the mood for 2.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:50 PM   #10
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
No you don't. It takes place 20 years (if I remember correctly) after the first game and has a brand new protagonist. There's no actual guns in the game as it's focused completely in melee combat which honestly, looks the best I have seen in any first person game and even better than Dishonored 2 which I put at the top of the list for first person melee combat. However, while there's no actual already made guns, you can find resources and materials to eventually craft a shotgun which as far as I know, is the only gun you can create/craft.
Wait seriously?? The first one had guns but this one won't??
Old 12-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

First one is worth playing even if this one doesn't require it. In my opinion Dying Light is the best representation in a video game of living as part of a zombie apocalypse during the initial outbreak period. Just a fantastic game.

I'm looking forward to the sequel, but will probably wait a month or two after launch to see how broken it is at launch. Once the bugs get worked out I'll pick it up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2021, 09:39 AM   #12
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
First one is worth playing even if this one doesn't require it. In my opinion Dying Light is the best representation in a video game of living as part of a zombie apocalypse during the initial outbreak period. Just a fantastic game.

I'm looking forward to the sequel, but will probably wait a month or two after launch to see how broken it is at launch. Once the bugs get worked out I'll pick it up.

I'm picking up the first one today, dont think I'll get the 2nd one because guns in games are a big thing for me.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:01 AM   #13
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

First on3 is by in large required just so you can understand and grip the horrifying g feeling when u see the sun set down and you weren’t ready. Really bring this place to life.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:31 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Wait seriously?? The first one had guns but this one won't??

Yes. Part of the story is that over the years, all the weapons were destroyed so now, you have to make weapons by crafting them. Like I said, the only gun is a shotgun but you need certain materials to craft it.

With the melee combat so much improved and better than the first game, I don't mind it. At least I won't get snipered from a mile away like in most shooters.

There are bows and arrows though and the review I watched said that the bow he was using was overpowered. If true, that could replace the guns.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:22 AM   #15
Pro

I'd also throw out that even though the first game has guns I found their impact to be somewhat minimal for the majority of the game.

I did not get terribly deep into the crafting system, but I did research it to try and better understand it and it seemed like the best weapons were largely melee.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2021, 12:29 PM   #16
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Was Dying Light the game that GameStop screwed up selling DLC for? I think it was lol. I remember a coworker calling me one morning to tell me if you purchased the $20 DLC through GameStop digitally, they accidentally sent you a code for the actual game…and it worked. Even better, a few days later they’d send you an email apologizing with a code for the DLC lol. So for $20 you’d get the game and DLC, if you were lucky enough with timing of it all.

Having said that, I don’t think I actually ever played the game lol. How does the first one run on PS5?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »