Home

War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title

This is a discussion on War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #41
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
1 - With your finger on the touch pad, move the cursor inside the box (box will say choose decal)
2 - Double tap with your finger with the cursor inside the box
3 - Window with decals will appear

Quint,

I found out that R2 acts like an enter key this is helpful when trying to use the touchpad on the side scroller, hover the arrow over the down arrow and hit R2, you will scroll down to more decals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #42
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
After the battle is ask to use those lion heads and such to buy upgrades. I also had 4 of these star points to put on as well. I guess I just don't understand everything about it. I go to research and see a list but have no clue what any of it means.

Btw had my best match so far. Took down 2 pilots that were in the wrong place at the wrong time and destroyed 6 ground vehicles. Died once. I tend to go for the ground units and only go after aircraft if the happen to get in front of me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hover the mouse arrow over the part you want to research a description will appear and explain how it affects the aircraft.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #43
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
I wish I had a ps4 or a PC that can handle it just for this game I love studying about WWII so this game would be the perfect fit for me.

Birds of Steel on the PS3 is almost exactly like War Thunder, you can download the demo on the playstation store.

It is made by the same developer, even has the same load screens.

Last edited by Openroad_7; 02-14-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #44
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openroad_7
Quint,

I found out that R2 acts like an enter key this is helpful when trying to use the touchpad on the side scroller, hover the arrow over the down arrow and hit R2, you will scroll down to more decals.

Thanks. Even though I have clearly earned decals (some common and one of the victory tally ones) I still cannot put any on my planes. Double clicking on the empty decal space does nothing for me. Must be missing something.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 02-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #45
MVP

Quint75's Arena

Let's talk countries. Which does everyone prefer? I am convinced that the Russian beginner planes are the best but for long term I am not so sure. Right now I am using Britain so I can get myself a Spitfire. Almost there!

The American planes are enticing too, especially of you want to use heavy bombers. But you also can't go wrong with either the Navy side (with the Hellcat and Corsair and eventually, good Lord, the Bearcat) or the Air Force side with the Lightning and Mustang (and King Cobra).

My favorite WWII era plane is the A6M Zero, but I don't think it would be very good in this game with it's lack of armor. Japanese planes as a whole were lightly armored. Good maneuverability but cannot take nearly as much punishment.

Germany always intrigues me. The 109 is a zippy little thing but would be quickly outclassed I think. Still, the later Focke Wulf 190 models would be very good. And some guys I played with last night did some tremendous damage with the BF 110.

Do you guys concentrate on 1 country or do you bounce around? I use all countries while the 2X multiplier is available (it disappears once you win a mission), then I concentrate on which plane I want next.

Discuss!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 01:40 AM   #46
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openroad_7
Quint,

I found out that R2 acts like an enter key this is helpful when trying to use the touchpad on the side scroller, hover the arrow over the down arrow and hit R2, you will scroll down to
This man speaks the truth Quint. Had hard time doing it the other way. Tried it this way and wham! Must be getting old.

By the way OpenRoad, your tip on moving the cursor over the item for info was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Let's talk countries. Which does everyone prefer?
Discuss!
I need more time. I've achieved the spectacular kills with the US squad so I'm bias at the moment. I've played Japan, Russia and Germany so far. I haven't yet played as the Brits. I do see differences in the previous 4 though. It's still too early to tell what's my strategy is except to get all the top planes.

Oh yes, there is one more thing I like to mention. Thus far, PSN has been lag free and excellent. This game plays wonderful online. If the Show plays anywhere near this tight. Oh, man

Going back to decals. May I say, "Luck be A Lady Tonight" (300 Ground Forces Destroyed)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lucky_lady.jpg (437.5 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Picci; 02-15-2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:19 AM   #47
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Let's talk countries. Which does everyone prefer? I am convinced that the Russian beginner planes are the best but for long term I am not so sure. Right now I am using Britain so I can get myself a Spitfire. Almost there!

The American planes are enticing too, especially of you want to use heavy bombers. But you also can't go wrong with either the Navy side (with the Hellcat and Corsair and eventually, good Lord, the Bearcat) or the Air Force side with the Lightning and Mustang (and King Cobra).

My favorite WWII era plane is the A6M Zero, but I don't think it would be very good in this game with it's lack of armor. Japanese planes as a whole were lightly armored. Good maneuverability but cannot take nearly as much punishment.

Germany always intrigues me. The 109 is a zippy little thing but would be quickly outclassed I think. Still, the later Focke Wulf 190 models would be very good. And some guys I played with last night did some tremendous damage with the BF 110.

Do you guys concentrate on 1 country or do you bounce around? I use all countries while the 2X multiplier is available (it disappears once you win a mission), then I concentrate on which plane I want next.

Discuss!
I'm on a mission to unlock the P51 Mustangs, & those Rolls Royce Merlin engines...LOVE that plane
Can't wait to make my "Mustang Sally" :P

Last edited by Motown; 02-15-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #48
MVP

Quint75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
I haven't yet played as the Brits.
The beginning Brit plane, the Fury, is just brutal. No firepower and minimal damage will knock it down. Very frustrating to play with and IMO the weakest of the beginner planes. But once you get past them, the Brit planes get very nice. The Gladiator is a nimble little biplane with better firepower and can take more damage. The medium bombers like the Blenheim do fine and the Hurricane is a nice early level fighter. Now just trying to get my Spitfire!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »