Home

Lost Odyssey Impressions

This is a discussion on Lost Odyssey Impressions within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Lost Odyssey Impressions

Played about 4 1/2 hours last night. Loved it.

I will say for anyone on the fence, if you do not like turn based, heavy story, slow moving games, DO NOT GET THIS. You will not like this game. In fact you will HATE this game. However, if you do like traditional JRPG's with a heavy story, you will most likely love this game. The good news, is that the story so far is excellent.

I agree with Flawless that the dream sequences are well worth the read, and well done. I usually hate reading that stuff in games, but the stories are so good that I find myself being drawn to them.

I also so far like the fact that Kaim is a torutured soul. He reminds me of a Vampire who is tired of his existence. In some games you'd think, "Sweet this dude is immortal and can kick some *** w/out reprecussion!" But in his case you feel his pain. The characters are fleshed out pretty well so far. And they are more mature and a less wacky that the FF games.

I have had zero issues with loading times. BTW. I like the combat system so far. I am seriously into the story though, much more than any game in a LONG time. I'm at work right now and can't wait to play more tonight.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 21

I'm so jealous, thanks for the impressions guys.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #19
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I wish you could save anywhere, but besides that I love the game and will enjoy going through it. Lost and Lost Odyssey tonight!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #20
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

I just realized that they have a guy just like Sid from FF but they named him Sed. LMAO! The dude beind this and the original FF must have a thing for someone named Sid.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #21
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
I just realized that they have a guy just like Sid from FF but they named him Sed. LMAO! The dude beind this and the original FF must have a thing for someone named Sid.
The dude behind this is the guy behind the original FF.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

This really sums up my feelings pretty well so far...

Quote:
Because you see, Lost Odyssey isn't really a game. OK, it is, and it's a pretty decent one, but bear with me. The Gooch said as much himself, when he offered that the game was about emotion, not innovation. It's about the story, the world, the experience. And I'm man enough to admit that, as the tears flowed down the character's Unreal Engine 3-animated faces upon the aforementioned moment of death, that emotion had me hooked.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/...essions-3.html

Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #23
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

5 hrs in - I wish they would have gone with the Shadow Hearts ring system. In SH you could change the ring and it would make the execution during combat varied. Some times you would have three hit zones sometimes you could slow it down. The ring also effected your spells giving you more of a chance to really do some damage. I also think we need to see the end of random battles. I like seeing the enemies on screen especially if I want to try to avoid them to reach a town or the next section. BD did a great job with this and FF 12 had a nice hybrid of turn based and real time.

That combined with a lack of save anywhere are my only complaints.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #24
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Played for 2 hours last night! Use the Japanese voices with English Subtitles, much better and the lip sync seems to be right. Overall so far, so good!

That beginning battle was amazing! Can't wait to get deeper into the story! 1st mission is nice after you leave the council......

Running in 1080p and don't see a problem with the graphics, they are good to me, and the town looks great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »