Home

"It's a box made of future technology as opposed to Xbox 1.5"

This is a discussion on "It's a box made of future technology as opposed to Xbox 1.5" within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-19-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
"It's a box made of future technology as opposed to Xbox 1.5"

Sony takes the gloves off .. Some of the games I have seen do look like they do belong on an Xbox 1.5 . I'm going to buy both but this cat fighting is entertaining.

"We want to pack everything in today and future-proof this as much as possible," said Kazuo Hirai, the head of Sony's U.S. game unit, in an interview.

"It's a box made of future technology as opposed to Xbox 1.5, which seems to be a combination of things available today," added Hirai, president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America

On a side note I have to give Adam Sessler some props. He gave Jay Allard from Microsoft no slack last night in his interview.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: "It's a box made of future technology as opposed to Xbox 1.5"

Sooner or later you have to figure Microsoft will hit back by holding up that new controller and putting it next to a picture of an Edsel.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

all the xbox games seen so far are running on 20-30% power.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #4
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Is it just me or does that number get lower everytime I hear it.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #5
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Shut up fanboy!

Once again proving the point, it's not the technology that should be compared. It's how the developers use the technology. Sony and Microsoft can talk specs all they want, but it's all apples and oranges at this point. Hell, remember when Microsoft said that the Xbox would have 'NO LOADING TIMES' becasue of the harddrive? While I'm pretty sure the machine can handle the task, it just hasn't been implimented by any developers at this point. Don't get caught up in the geeky tech wars, that's like trying to sell someone on 'bluetooth technology.' No one can really define what it can actually DO, but it will fall in place in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #6
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
Sony takes the gloves off .. Some of the games I have seen do look like they do belong on an Xbox 1.5 . I'm going to buy both but this cat fighting is entertaining.

"We want to pack everything in today and future-proof this as much as possible," said Kazuo Hirai, the head of Sony's U.S. game unit, in an interview.

"It's a box made of future technology as opposed to Xbox 1.5, which seems to be a combination of things available today," added Hirai, president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America

On a side note I have to give Adam Sessler some props. He gave Jay Allard from Microsoft no slack last night in his interview.
Of course it's a box made of future technology .... like the future, it doesn't exist yet.

360 has technology of the present because it's being released in the present. PS3 is of the future, because that's when it will be released.

I really think it's a moot point. Seriously ... looking back over OS reviews, how many times have we said that the problem was horsepower? The problems with NCAA, Madden ESPN NFL, etc .... they don't have anything to do with a lack of processing power.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:33 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Sony's hyped their specs on products like this before.

I'm not buying into that bs.

Wait till both systems come out and they are tested. Don't be surprised when you find out that the system that came out 6-8 months earlier is just as powerful, if not more.

I won't.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:42 PM   #8
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
Sony's hyped their specs on products like this before.

I'm not buying into that bs.

Wait till both systems come out and they are tested. Don't be surprised when you find out that the system that came out 6-8 months earlier is just as powerful, if not more.

I won't.
Good point. For some reason so many are focused on Sony now that they came out with their system. I personally have nothing against Sony. I have the PS2 but it just under performs compared to my XBOX. The things that I will be impressed with is the updates. See, that's what has me drawn to Microsoft. They can update their system to put out more horse power to equal what Sony has if they need to. On the XBOX, those patches and updates save a lot of those games. Now, I can only cross my fingers and hope that Sony has gotten to that point too meaning that come 2012, we're not looking for another next-gen system. Personally, I can't hardly wait to see when both systems are out on their respective dates with the software and hardware within the consumers' hands.

That interview with Allard was kind of grimy cause he was grilling the man too hard. Kind of disrespectful in my opinion. Downloaded it from their site. I want to see how they interview the guys from Sony. I'm about to watch the Nintendo joint now. I felt animosity on that joint. Hey, it's life though and the interview did show a good defense by Allard in representation of Microsoft. Surfing for more....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »