Home

What game(s) do you love to watch someone else play but don't like playing yourself?

This is a discussion on What game(s) do you love to watch someone else play but don't like playing yourself? within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2023, 02:48 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What game(s) do you love to watch someone else play but don't like playing yourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
It's not that I don't enjoy playing Tekken....there are so many moves/throws/combos, I'm just amazed at the experts who can pull them off. How do they memorize all that s***? I sure as heck can't no matter how hard I try, lol.
I agree, fighting games are like a whole other game when an elite esport type is playing versus a regular gamer…you’re definitely right on that I think

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-21-2023, 07:28 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: What game(s) do you love to watch someone else play but don't like playing yourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, fighting games are like a whole other game when an elite esport type is playing versus a regular gamer…you’re definitely right on that I think
I'm much better at Mortal Kombat (2-D versions) than Tekken. MK is less complicated...more like checkers, while Tekken is like chess, lol.
Old 10-24-2023, 02:34 PM   #11
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm an over-analyzer by nature, so I hate playing RPGs, but I love to watch people play them. I stick to sports games on consoles and fighting games (Tekken, MK, Soul Calibur, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2023, 02:51 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Growing up, I didn't like the idea of watching others playing games. But, there were/are games that I know I wouldn't be as interested in playing myself, but I would still like to experience it. I don't play online and more of a single player gamer. At first, I wasn't sure I would really want to spending weeks watching a 10-20 campaign, but I've grown to enjoy it. Especially with becoming a father a few years ago, I have way less time now to actually playing games. There's a big difference watching a game on your phone and stopping and starting, than not having having the time to sit and play. Overall, I can get the similar experience watching as I do playing.

For me, there's a lot of games I would rather watch because I'm not really into the myself, but I can still appreciate a good game. I was never good with fighting games, but I enjoyed watching Mortal Kombat. I like watching the Resident Evil games, but know I wouldn't really like playing that style of game. Especially first person games, I don't like playing those styles of games, but I can watch it. I stopped playing COD once they started making the campaigns shorter and shorter. So, I watch the campaigns each year. But, there are still times I can watch a game and a year or so later I'll play it myself like Ratchet and Clank. I've became very choosy about which games I actually buy now, so watching the ones I'm not sure about has been my go to.

Just started watching Alan Wake 2. The visuals are phenomenal lol
Old 11-02-2023, 10:52 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Growing up, I didn't like the idea of watching others playing games. But, there were/are games that I know I wouldn't be as interested in playing myself, but I would still like to experience it. I don't play online and more of a single player gamer. At first, I wasn't sure I would really want to spending weeks watching a 10-20 campaign, but I've grown to enjoy it. Especially with becoming a father a few years ago, I have way less time now to actually playing games. There's a big difference watching a game on your phone and stopping and starting, than not having having the time to sit and play. Overall, I can get the similar experience watching as I do playing.

For me, there's a lot of games I would rather watch because I'm not really into the myself, but I can still appreciate a good game. I was never good with fighting games, but I enjoyed watching Mortal Kombat. I like watching the Resident Evil games, but know I wouldn't really like playing that style of game. Especially first person games, I don't like playing those styles of games, but I can watch it. I stopped playing COD once they started making the campaigns shorter and shorter. So, I watch the campaigns each year. But, there are still times I can watch a game and a year or so later I'll play it myself like Ratchet and Clank. I've became very choosy about which games I actually buy now, so watching the ones I'm not sure about has been my go to.

Just started watching Alan Wake 2. The visuals are phenomenal lol
hey man, check out my stream to watch Alan Wake 2 if you want, I'm streaming it, I just got started too and just finished Chapter 1 so I'm not far in...

The stream is in my signature. I'll be doing call of duty MW3 campaign too

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 11-02-2023, 06:35 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
hey man, check out my stream to watch Alan Wake 2 if you want, I'm streaming it, I just got started too and just finished Chapter 1 so I'm not far in...

The stream is in my signature. I'll be doing call of duty MW3 campaign too
I'll check it out, I didn't get to far into watching it. But, it has to be up there for me in visuals and overall atmosphere. Visually alone, Alan Wake 2 is top tier
Old 03-28-2024, 12:21 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Here's a new PC game I love to see someone with skills playing, I am not that great at this title as it's mostly reflexes, like the original!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2024, 08:04 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

+1 for MK. Could never really master it, so I gave up, but I love watching others playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »