Home

Counter-Strike 2

This is a discussion on Counter-Strike 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2023, 10:06 AM   #1
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0
Counter-Strike 2

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/va.../1100-6517872/

After initially being promised as a free update this summer, the official launch of Counter-Strike 2--a sequel to the iconic first-person-shooter--has not yet come to pass. If recent social media activity is any indication, that might change as soon as September 27.

Recently, the game's official X account posted a simple question: "What are you doing next Wednesday?" No other posts were made, and nothing has been announced by Valve since the post went up.

Counter-Strike 2 was first announced back in March as a free update to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, with all earned items in CS:GO carrying over to the new game. A limited test was offered to current CS:GO players, with invitations to the test sent to users based on parameters like playing time and Steam account status.

The first announcement also came with three separate video detailing major upgrades to the game, which were as follows:

-Leveling Up The World, which focused on map upgrades
-Moving Beyond Tick Rate, which detailed new movement and shooting mechanics
-Responsive Smokes, which discussed new "dynamic volumetric" smoke grenades

The latest update for the Counter-Strike 2 limited test was posted to the game's official website on August 31. The post revealed a new map, Inferno, would be coming in the next update, as well as the new CS Rating ranking system.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2023, 08:56 AM   #2
Just started!

custisr992's Arena

Re: Counter-Strike 2

Wow, Counter-Strike 2 is the talk of the town! It's amazing to see the CS community buzzing about this exciting development. I've been a long-time CS fan, and the thought of a new installment has me all hyped up.

I'm eager to hear everyone's thoughts and speculations about CS2 – what changes, improvements, and surprises it might have in store. It's like a fresh start for the CS universe, and I can't wait to dive into it.

Last edited by custisr992; 11-09-2023 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:11 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by custisr992
Wow, Counter-Strike 2 is the talk of the town! It's amazing to see the CS community buzzing about this exciting development. I've been a long-time CS fan, and the thought of a new installment has me all hyped up.
Unfortunately, it seems worse than CSGO. Been playing CS since 1.5 and have God knows how many hours in series.

I got tired of CSGO as Valve would never fix their server and lag compensation issues. Even after Valorant came out and showed how much better the experience could be.

I was excited for CS2 because I thought Valve was actually going to fix those two issues as they're literally the two biggest issues the community has had with the game for years. Unfortunately, their sub tick system has been a flop and the game often feels even worse than CSGO did.

Maybe I'm burnt out on playing the series for 20 years now, but there's really nothing this game does better than any other major competitive shooter title out there. If the server quality was that of Valorant, I'd enjoy the game more, but as of now there's zero competition between the two and it's hard for me to pick the worse experience of the two when it's such a stark difference.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-07-2024, 09:27 AM   #4
Just started!

The hype around Counter-Strike 2 is palpable, isn't it? We've been eagerly awaiting its release since it was first announced, and it seems like we might finally be getting closer to that moment. The recent social media activity from the game's official X account has certainly sparked speculation, and it's got the community buzzing with excitement.
While we're eagerly waiting for the big day, why not take the time to explore some cool skins over at skin.land marketplace? Customizing our weapons with unique skins adds a personal touch to the game and can make the experience even more enjoyable once Counter-Strike 2 officially launches.

Last edited by Jerrynson; 03-14-2024 at 11:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »