Home

Star Wars Outlaws

This is a discussion on Star Wars Outlaws within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-09-2024, 02:52 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Star Wars Outlaws

Wow Ubisoft.

$70 does not get you everything available on day 1? You need the Gold edition at $110 which includes the season pass.

Well, maybe it's not so bad right? I mean a season pass is a promise of future content and basically just pre-paying for expansions right? Except that one of the "expansions" is available day 1 at launch. I always thought that it was scummy when game companies would do this and launch the extra content after just like 30 days. To charge a premium for story content that is available to ship on the same day as the premium priced game though...wow
Old 04-09-2024, 03:27 PM   #18

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

It's Ubisoft being Ubisoft. It's in their DNA. The initial price of the game is merely the entry fee to their live service monetization experience.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:51 PM   #19
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't really care about Season passes. Ubisoft's content for them is always pretty weak imo. I'd buy the DLC individually if I'm interested in the future when there's a price drop for it.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:14 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Wow Ubisoft.

$70 does not get you everything available on day 1? You need the Gold edition at $110 which includes the season pass.

Well, maybe it's not so bad right? I mean a season pass is a promise of future content and basically just pre-paying for expansions right? Except that one of the "expansions" is available day 1 at launch. I always thought that it was scummy when game companies would do this and launch the extra content after just like 30 days. To charge a premium for story content that is available to ship on the same day as the premium priced game though...wow

The two expansions are said to release after the base game releases like most expansions. Where are you seeing an expansion releasing day one?

Or do you mean the Jabba's Gambit quest which is a single quest? Similar to the single quest that Hogwarts Legacy had on PlayStation but for Outlaws, it's for every platform.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:21 AM   #21
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Or do you mean the Jabba's Gambit quest which is a single quest?

This is what I mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2024, 11:26 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
This is what I mean.

This is no biggie. Publishers do this all the time to entice people to pre-order the game in order to not miss out on extra content for the game and is for those really hyped for the game. This isn't for those who are 50/50.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:35 AM   #23
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
This is no biggie. Publishers do this all the time to entice people to pre-order the game in order to not miss out on extra content for the game and is for those really hyped for the game. This isn't for those who are 50/50.
Publishers doing it all the time is not a defense against it being a scummy practice. They get away with it because we allow them to.

A preorder bonus is one thing (ie: getting something for buying in early). Selling a game at full price and then also selling premium priced additional content that was developed and ready for release at the same time as the rest of the game...it's double dipping.

Not expecting to change yours or anyone's mind, but I'm just calling a spade a spade.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:53 PM   #24
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

After watching the story trailer I'm still excited about it but won't be pre-ordering the physical copy until further notice.

Sounds like even though you purchase the physical copy, you're going to need the internet to install it fully. It almost sounds like the Open World install occurs digitally because they may have rejected a second disc to accompany the retail copy. If this is true, it's preposterous!

Quote:

While plenty of people will be excited to see that Star Wars Outlaws finally has a release date, there is a little bit of eyebrow-raising news accompanying it. Even though it is a single-player game, you must have an internet connection to install the physical version.

Star Wars Outlaws debuted a new story trailer that accompanied its August 30 release date announcement. However, if you go to any pre-order site that includes a physical version of the game, you can see a new message on the cover that says, “Internet required to install the game.” This message is on both the PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of the game.

As of this writing, we do not know the expected file size at launch for Star Wars Outlaws. Knowing how bloated Ubisoft makes many of their games like Assassin’s Creed, though, we would expect something pushing 150 GBs at launch. Of course, after updates and post-launch content, that number will only go up. Of course, that is speculation.

https://www.gamesandwich.com/news/st...et-to-install/

Last edited by Picci; 04-10-2024 at 09:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »