Home

ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2018-19 Roster Development Thread

This is a discussion on ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2018-19 Roster Development Thread within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-16-2018, 11:26 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2017-18 Roster Development Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
The game is allowing me to create skaters again, I'm so dumbfounded...
Weirdest thing ever. I really hope you don't get to the end and find nothing you've created since March has saved.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:10 AM   #74
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Weirdest thing ever. I really hope you don't get to the end and find nothing you've created since March has saved.
2K8 may let you create players beyond the limit, but you'll soon realize that the new players are actually just replacing existing players, meaning you lose one when you create one. Not only that, but it will cause the dreaded Franchise mode freezes and stop Fantasy Draft from working.

I doubt you'll run into that with 2K5, and it's awesome it's letting you create new players. But I definitely suggest that you keep backups and run tests periodically!
Old 06-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #75
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Re: ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2018-19 Roster Development Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift
2K8 may let you create players beyond the limit, but you'll soon realize that the new players are actually just replacing existing players, meaning you lose one when you create one. Not only that, but it will cause the dreaded Franchise mode freezes and stop Fantasy Draft from working.

I doubt you'll run into that with 2K5, and it's awesome it's letting you create new players. But I definitely suggest that you keep backups and run tests periodically!
Got pretty scared by what you said and decided to test.

Doing a fantasy draft, either in Exhibition (draft before play) or Franchise doesn't crash the game or cause any weirdness. it actually works well.

I then took the Fantasy Draft I made in Franchise and simulated 2 seasons, the results were that it works fine with no freezes.

No players appear to be overwritten over other likenesses either. Although I am having an issue where new created skaters cannot be given facial hair. Which really sucks.

Last edited by WWEDX2007; 07-12-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 02:10 AM   #76
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

I've discovered a feature in FlyingFinn's ESPN NHL 2K5 Editor that I never knew about before. by right-clicking a team. you can modify their city, abbreviation, nickname and logo. therefore. the following changes will be reflected in the next update that adds LA's current roster:

• The Anaheim Mighty Ducks now appear as the "Anaheim Ducks", complete with PBP to remove "Mighty".
• The Phoenix Coyotes now appear as the "Arizona Coyotes", complete with "ARI" abbreviation.
• The Buffalo Sabres now use their 1994 logo, which is near-identical to their real-life current logo.
• The Los Angeles Kings now use their 1993 logo, which is similar in shape and color scheme to their current logo.
• The Pittsburgh Penguins now use their 1975 logo, which is near-identical to their real-life current logo.
• The Toronto Maple Leafs now use their 1951 logo, which is extremely similar to their current logo.
• The Washington Capitals now use their 1975 logo, which is similar to their current logo.

There's also a feature that lets you modify team IDs. there's a few things I might experiment with. such as
1. Changing a historic team to an active team so I could have more blank menufaces
2. Switching out Atlanta for Winnipeg (Not realistic at all, but I'd like to see what happens)

Also, a lot of players have been modified to have more accurate positions. so the lines of basically every team I've shown so far have changed as a result.

Last edited by WWEDX2007; 07-12-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:45 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:
I've discovered a feature in FlyingFinn's ESPN NHL 2K5 Editor that I never knew about before. by right-clicking a team. you can modify their city, abbreviation, nickname and logo. therefore. the following changes will be reflected in the next update that adds LA's current roster:

• The Phoenix Coyotes now appear as the "Arizona Coyotes", complete with "ARI" abbreviation.
• The Buffalo Sabres now use their 1994 logo, which is near-identical to their real-life current logo.
• The Los Angeles Kings now use their 1993 logo, which is similar in shape and color scheme to their current logo.
• The Pittsburgh Penguins now use their 1975 logo, which is near-identical to their real-life current logo.
• The Toronto Maple Leafs now use their 1951 logo, which is extremely similar to their current logo.
• The Washington Capitals now use their 1975 logo, which is similar to their current logo.
I feel like a bit of a jerk for knowing this and not having mentioned it to you. I just figured it was a known thing. Oh well, enjoy. Rosters looking great so far.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:14 AM   #78
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I feel like a bit of a jerk for knowing this and not having mentioned it to you. I just figured it was a known thing. Oh well, enjoy. Rosters looking great so far.
It's fine, I'm glad I discovered this. because it adds to the experience.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #79
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Kings are finally finished, first post updated with them in it.

In addition to the aforementioned changes I've made to team logos, I've given Vegas the Germany national team logo as it's closer to their actual logo.

Max Domi was also moved to Montreal in this update.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:28 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Kings are finally finished, first post updated with them in it.
Sounds like it's time for another exhibition match!! ...I mean, QC test.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »