Home

Old 11-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #33
Banned

rangersfan30's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: 360 Patch is live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by original6
Yes and yes! Skater positioning is dramatically improved, imo. I feel like I have 10x control on defense now and the cpu breakaways from teammates turning the wrong way are a thing of the past.

Skating is much smoother and there's much less hesitation when starting skating or taking control of a player after receiving a pass.

Check out this vid by DJ Neo showcasing the improved skating. http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=532902

Well i have to say i am close to being done with this, While there is times i still enjoy it i just get sick of having to press the button multiple times as i try to get control of my players when the cpu is on the offense. What adds to the frustration is that when you finally do get control of who you want you never know which direction the players will go shooting of too, its a lottery.

It was bearable when i thought the possibilty of a patch was coming but its really getting to me now and it doesnt help knowing that while i have the frustration of these issues the 360 guys are enjoying a re-vamped and improved game.

I am glad the 360 guys are enjoying the patch and that the game is a big improvement but i just cant help but be pissed by the shoddy treatment of the ps3 users.

I played nhl 10 earlier to see if i could maybe get a few months out that but i lasted 2 periods before switching it off. Its just not the game for me. 2k10 with the patch on the other hand sounds like the game everyone wanted it to be but i guess we ps3 users that bought this game get alienated because the ps3 sales werent too great, mind you neither was the 360.

Do the right thing and patch the game for the loyal customers of the ps3 who are getting shafted because of something that isnt our fault. Is it 2k's? or ps3? i dont care just patch the game
Old 11-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #34
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

ya it is true, like original6 said,that playing defense is made easier due to the improved skating. The controls are still not as good as EA's offering, but it's definitely better now than pre-patch.

Another thing that I'm definitely liking is that good scoring chances are hard to come by but when you do get them you will score at a realistic rate. Not every time down the ice you will get a slot shot or a point blank shot. Well done.....

some games you just can't generate ANYTHING , I mean zero. last game I played rangers (cpu) at panthers (me)....I lost 3-1 and was outshot 27-14. i might have had 3 scoring chances the whole game. could not generate any kind of cycle....one shot and that was it.

but the game before that I beat the isles 4-1 with the devils and the offense was flowing. Lots of cycling down low, point shots, odd man rushes, tic tac toe passing (i know the isles) hehe.....but it was night and day with the game I just played.

after 3-1 in the devils game, i changed my strategies to uber passive and held them to 3 shots in the 3rd (yes the isles).....

this patch really did an awesome job for the defensive game on both sides....more so on the cpu side.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 11-23-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 AM   #35
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30
Well i have to say i am close to being done with this, While there is times i still enjoy it i just get sick of having to press the button multiple times as i try to get control of my players when the cpu is on the offense.

Since when did any hockey game let you choose what player to control when playing D? I just stick with a guy once the cpu comes into their zone and play his position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 02:18 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm loving 2K10 post patch more than I already did pre patch.

This patch makes most of the aspects even better. Wraparounds are harder, the crossovers give speed, defensemen seem to play smarter, no faceoff glitch.

Wow.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:36 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by original6
All I can say is..........whaaat?
thats what i said when i heard they werent going to patch the ps3 version !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quite the joke really.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:15 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Maybe it's time for Sony to jump into the hockey game market. Get some hockey minds to pair up with the creators of The Show and give 2K a run for its money.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
wow i'm surprised that this patch has generated so little excitement....kerosene, savoie, realmk, money99....have you guys tried the patch or all of you still playing hehe ?
Still haven't tried it, I will prolly today at some point, between DA:O and MW2 my hockey gaming has been slack. Was also kinda waiting to see if Original6 was going to update his sliders again too, since I have zero desire to mess with sliders much anymore, too much frustration for too little gain.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
wow i'm surprised that this patch has generated so little excitement....kerosene, savoie, realmk, money99....have you guys tried the patch or all of you still playing hehe ?
Hahaha. Sorry. I didn't go online at all this weekend (XBL or CPU) so I was clueless to this patch dropping until now.

I'll make sure to d/l it tonight and give it a go with default sliders.

I'm liking what I'm reading so far. Good stuff guys. Keep it coming!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »