Home

Did 2K blow their "window of opportunity"?

This is a discussion on Did 2K blow their "window of opportunity"? within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Did 2K blow their "window of opportunity"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Shame on EA for releasing a decade of Madden crap, yet that never stopped the masses from lapping it up like butt sludge while thanking EA for the privilege.
What does Madden have to do with 2k putting out a very unpolished hockey game for the 2nd year in a row?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
the Madden series never suffered from a bug that rendered the game unplayable.
Madden has been unplayable for a decade, especially after playing NFL 2K5.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Did they blow it by releasing a game that in many ways is better than NHL 10? What kind of question is this???
Stop, man. This is not what I was getting at at all....so don't thread crap. Bud got the point, so why didn't you?

Take EA out of the equation for a second here. 2K could have made a completely accurately rendered 3D holographic game that jumps out of your TV screen and plays on your LR floor. But if certain features aren't present THAT WE COULD GET ON THE GENESIS or more importantly, there's a bug that renders the game unplayable....... THEN ARE THEY PISSING OFF THE CUSTOMERS/FAN BASE TOO MUCH AT THIS POINT??!!??

Now is that clear?

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-16-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

As bad as I think 2K10 is they've got a new one now because NHL 10 seemingly didn't do anything. Far as I know they added sliders and that's about it. So because they didn't do anything it's a chance for 2K to scrap this and come up with something new and spectacular. Kinda like how Tony Hawk wasn't doing anything and then skate. came along.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
What does Madden have to do with 2k putting out a very unpolished hockey game for the 2nd year in a row?
What does this thread have to do with anything relevent? 2K10 is in many ways a better game than NHL 10 this year, bottomline. Yes, it has a bug that some have experienced, which will be patched soon, just like all the bugs in all the EA games that are released these days.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Well, some people are having problems, some aren't. And just like all games these days, it will no doubt be patched very soon. I don't see this as a killer issue, sorry.
Yes, but the number of people having the problem is disproportionately high. There is a difference between one guy complaining about a freeze and a whole slew of them complaining. If it's one guy you can maybe brush it off as being their console or some weird thing. When it's this many people there is obviously a big problem.

And the fact that "some people are having problems and some aren't" sure hasn't inspired confidence in me to play roulette with my 50 bucks in the hopes that I'm one of the lucky ones. 2k has lost my business..at least for now. I won't buy it until I know for sure this issue will be fixed. And if it takes too long I won't buy at all.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
What does this thread have to do with anything relevent? 2K10 is in many ways a better game than NHL 10 this year, bottomline. Yes, it has a bug that some have experienced, which will be patched soon, just like all the bugs in all the EA games that are released these days.

Your question isn't thought through.

We'll put you down for a "no". Understood.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Stop, man. This is not what I was getting at at all....so don't thread crap. Bud got the point, so why didn't you?
It's a bug. Some have experienced it, others haven't. Is that worse than, say, throwing the ball in the flats in Madden which is completely broken for everyone who plays the game? Am I thread crapping, or is this whole thread sort of, you know, crap? That's more the question I'd say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »