Home

What are 2k's plans to win back players?

This is a discussion on What are 2k's plans to win back players? within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 22
Re: What are 2k's plans to win back players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Hey at least they'll still have the 10 diehards left at 2khockey.net. I agree with this post 100% though. VC has to move this series forward and in a major way. They did some nice things with MLB this year asstastic fielding issues aside, they need to do it with hockey or the're going to end with a zero fanbase when it comes to their hockey title.
What the F are you talking about, the crowd over at 2Khockey.net are harder critics of 2K than any of you over here.

I do however agree that they need to turn things around and donīt let the marketing people decide about gameplay elements.

I donīt however agree that NHL07 was a good overall hockey game, that game was craptacular one-dimensional. NHL08 is another matter though , as is 09.

Letīs see what VC can do with NHL2k10. My guess is that they are going SIM again this year.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #34
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Ugh, why would anyone say that Shadow and WWTC didn't sound enthusiastic about a game they're helping make? If anything, their opinion would be skewed towards the positive since, you know, they're part of the team making the game! That's like some guy at EA Tiburon who's working on Madden say, "Oh yeah, it doesn't look too good this year." Just a stupid thought and whoever made the original comments that Shadow/WWTC didn't like the product so far was just BS'ing.

I'm extremely interested to see what's in store for this game. I usually go one with one game per sport, but if things continue to improve in both these series, I might have to check out both games. I was pretty split when playing NHL 2k9 and NHL 09 demos, and since I decided to wait until the new games to get my next gen NHL fix, I may have to go the route of either buying both games (if I have the spare change) or rent-and-see.

It's a little early for that though. I just want to see the new NHL 2k10 info that I'm sure we'll get throughout E3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 06-01-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
What the F are you talking about, the crowd over at 2Khockey.net are harder critics of 2K than any of you over here.

I do however agree that they need to turn things around and donīt let the marketing people decide about gameplay elements.

I donīt however agree that NHL07 was a good overall hockey game, that game was craptacular one-dimensional. NHL08 is another matter though , as is 09.

Letīs see what VC can do with NHL2k10. My guess is that they are going SIM again this year.
There's still a few diehards there, Pengman for one. Hell even Venom's starting to get quite fed up, which is something I'd never thought I'd see. The idea that they let marketing dictate anything just makes me roll my eyes. Since you know 2k and marketing don't exactly exist. Hell is NHL2k10 even going to be AT E3 this week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
There's still a few diehards there, Pengman for one. Hell even Venom's starting to get quite fed up, which is something I'd never thought I'd see. The idea that they let marketing dictate anything just makes me roll my eyes. Since you know 2k and marketing don't exactly exist. Hell is NHL2k10 even going to be AT E3 this week?
It doesn't look like it.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
It doesn't look like it.
Wow, way to conceed to EA before the games are even done being made. Way to go 2k.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1

2k seems to be making all the wrong moves so far and hopefully their game can change that when they start releasing info on it.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #39
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't see why there's so much doom and gloom. To steal a phrase from Jerry Cantrell, "don't plan the funeral until the body dies".

Last year's game impressed the heck out of me. No, it didn't have the lasting appeal 09 currently has for me but it should, ideally, be a foundation to build on. Should be an interesting year.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
I don't see why there's so much doom and gloom. To steal a phrase from Jerry Cantrell, "don't plan the funeral until the body dies".

Last year's game impressed the heck out of me. No, it didn't have the lasting appeal 09 currently has for me but it should, ideally, be a foundation to build on. Should be an interesting year.
Me neither, but then again , a few of the posters here are historically 2K haters. So go figure. Itīs also so laughable how people outside the games buisness and especially PR side of the game buisness try to act like they know anything.

The only guy over at 2Khockey.net thatīs super pissed at 2K, is V. But he also canīt find anything good with 09 or 2k9, and loved everything with 2k8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »