Home

NHL2K24 (for NHL2K8) Roster for XBOX 360

This is a discussion on NHL2K24 (for NHL2K8) Roster for XBOX 360 within the NHL 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2023, 12:22 PM   #1
Roster Maker

Moto Guzzi Dude's Arena

OVR: 1
NHL2K24 (for NHL2K8) Roster for XBOX 360

Here it is fellow 2K Sports fans! My 23-24 NHL2K24 roster for the XBOX 360 complete with minor players. Also, with scratched players where appropriate.

I’ve used these reference websites to ensure that my lineups are as accurate as possible (as of the days I created this roster):

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams

https://www.hockey-reference.com/

(along with each team’s NHL website at NHL.com)

Shout out to Austrian Red Wing again this year as I’d used his roster as the base for my 21-22 roster that I posted for NHL2K8 (my first year of this endeavor). Kudos to him!!

I did my best to get the data and gear right for every player again. I created many new players because I wanted them to look right face-wise as well. I also tweaked the Seattle, Vegas, and Winnipeg uniforms to look as close as possible to the real NHL uniforms (also using the RGB color charts – shout out to WWEDX2007). Of course, if you want to change anything (e.g., player’s ratings, gear, etc.) feel free and have fun! I did my best to keep the ratings according to how they have played on each respective team and close to their line teammates. Note that most of the starting goalies have a rating of 89. This was done to make it a challenge to score but not impossible. The ratings mirror that of Tony Esposito from the Blackhawks Alumni team. Using the Hall of Fame difficulty level adds the appropriate level of challenge as well (my choice and recommendation).

This game is still so much better than EA's virtual hockey card store with a game attached. A 16-year-old game is STILL better than what EA is rehashing every year. Please come back 2K Sports! Enjoy!!

Note: I will revise this file again periodically. It is too much fun not to!

INSTRUCTIONS for using my file:

Use the Windows Horizon program to inject my roster file (after unzipping it) into a NHL2K8 roster/game save file named “NHL2K24” that you have saved on a USB drive from your XBOX 360 to enjoy my efforts! Be well and go play 2K Hockey! NHL2K24 lives on!! Cheers!

Note: 2nd Roster file added today (10-26-2023) has a few updates to the lines and a couple more players thanks to sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/signings.

Also, because I am a HUGE fan of the throwback/retro/3rd jerseys, I have tweaked the following teams as follows:

1. LA Kings: Set the glove colors to match those worn during the Kings chevron jersey logo era (1988-1998).
2. Vancouver Canucks: Set the glove colors and goalie gear colors to match the Canucks skate logo jersey years (1978-1997).
3. Winnipeg Jets: Set the glove colors and home uniform colors to match the current 3rd jersey scheme. Using the same glove colors of course, set the away uniform colors to match the 2016 Heritage Classic scheme and the alternate uniform scheme to match the 1979-80 original Winnipeg Jets home jersey. Enjoy! I think these look MUCH better than the uniforms in my first posted roster.
4. Anaheim Ducks: Set the glove colors to their classic and 3rd jersey purple, teal, and silver colors.

Finally, so that you can enjoy the current rink name re: the Kings and Canucks with their matching corresponding old school logos (Kings chevron and Canucks skate logos), I have created two additional teams with arenas reflecting same. I just dumped a bunch of random Free Agent players into the roster since you won’t be using those teams for anything other than the arena with the old school logos.

When you select either the Kings or Canucks (at home) simply tap the RB and select the appropriate arena (Crypto.com or Rogers Arena). Unfortunately, “Crypto.com Arena” has one too many letters so it is simply named “Crypto.com.”

Notes for December 4, 2023: Please look at #4 above. I changed the Ducks gloves to their purple, teal, and silver colors.

Also, please note that the trades/signings are current as of today per the website at: NHL Trades - Sportsnet.ca

Because the current lineups change daily for so many of the teams (injuries, line combo changes, etc.), it is nearly impossible to post an accurate roster with all the current lines as of each day. So, I highly recommend checking the lineups of your teams before you play a game. Chances are that if the lines are not correct, it is because someone who was previously scratched is now dressed (or vice versa). So, all you need to do is dress or scratch or reassign a position (i.e. left wing to right wing, etc.). If any of my teams are missing a current and dressed player, I’d greatly appreciate a message so I can correct it. Sportsnet.ca does not capture all of the players sometimes brought up from the minor league teams.

I’ve posted the .ROS and .dat files for you.

Enjoy!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NHL2K24.zip (514.3 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Moto Guzzi Dude; 12-04-2023 at 01:23 PM. Reason: 12/4/2023: Numerous edits re: line changes and other tweaks. Also added DAT file in case the ROS file doesn't work for you. Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2023, 02:51 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NHL2K24 (for NHL2K8) Roster for XBOX 360

Thanks for this, just what i needed!
Just a little something, there are quite a few retired left over players from the file you used as a base when creating this. And some what seems to be Sample players. Easily spotted if you open with Snowdrift and check Free Agents.
Old 12-12-2023, 12:41 PM   #3
Roster Maker

Moto Guzzi Dude's Arena

You're so welcome weepy! Enjoy! IMHO it's the bomb!

Thanks for the tip too. Because you can't delete players from the roster (you can rename them and turn them into other players) there are a number of retired and sample players within the free agent database/pool. I left them until I needed to use one that had a face that looked more like a new player that needed to be created (versus using one of the faces available when you create a player). Some are the exact face scan of the original player so they are hard to morph into a new player without it looking like the original player (and not "right").

I hope that explains it. Too bad you can't delete a player. A small inconvenience/nuance of NHL2K8.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:19 PM   #4
Roster Maker

Moto Guzzi Dude's Arena

Hello all fellow NHL2K8 fans. Here's my updated roster as of the All Star break. Because of the sometimes daily injury changes, I recommend you look at the rosters and dress or bench the appropriate players as necessary given who is hurt. I have included all of the trades and signings as of today per the website at https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/trade-tracker

Here's the website I use to determine the current lines and goalies: https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams

Enjoy!! Please see my previous posts re: what uniforms I've favored for some of the teams (and colored the gloves appropriately).

Enjoy the All Star Weekend!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NHL2K24.zip (510.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-24-2024, 03:13 PM   #5
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

OVR: 0

Great job on these. Your 2k8 efforts are always appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2024, 01:45 PM   #6
Roster Maker

Moto Guzzi Dude's Arena

Thank you very much! You're welcome! Since that last post, I discovered a couple of trades that weren't posted on https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/trade-tracker oddly enough. They were minor league players though so that may be why. In any case, I'll be posting another update post the trade deadline. I plan on going through every team again to confirm the player listings and latest lineups. In the meanwhile, enjoy NHL2K24! Cheers!
Old 03-27-2024, 02:24 AM   #7
Roster Maker

Moto Guzzi Dude's Arena

Hello 2K Sports NHL2K8 fans! As promised, here is my NHL2K24 roster for the XBOX 360 for all teams post the trade deadline. Please see the above comments re: the teams and colors etc.

For the teams who don't have a Captain (Anaheim Ducks, Arizona Coyotes, Chicago Blackhawks and Seattle Kraken), I've Scratched a Minor League Player and set them as the Captain. That way you can hit the ice with only Alternate Captains on your team. It forces you to name a Captain before you can save the roster.

Again, before you play a game, I highly recommend checking the current dressed lineups (reference the above website noted) as they change game to game as you know. They were all current as of when I started the revisions post the TD and up to tonight.

I hope you enjoy my roster! Enjoy the Playoffs too! Who knows, since 2K brought back their Top Spin tennis game, maybe they'll bring back their hockey game too. I can hope and dream anyways.

Enjoy! Cheers!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NHL2K24TD.zip (542.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-05-2024, 02:43 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Guzzi Dude
Hello 2K Sports NHL2K8 fans! As promised, here is my NHL2K24 roster for the XBOX 360 for all teams post the trade deadline.
Added to Roster Updates thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters »