Home

The official Tampa Bay Buccaneers thread; Jameis Winston/Dirk Koetter era

This is a discussion on The official Tampa Bay Buccaneers thread; Jameis Winston/Dirk Koetter era within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #65
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The official Tampa Bay Buccaneers thread; the Greg Schiano era (2012-)

I love Freeman, but yeah, he needs to put it together this year. I don't think Glennon was the right QB to take, but hopefully we won't need him to be a starter anyways.

Loved the Jonathan Banks and Akeem Spence picks, and as a guy from Rochester, it was pretty cool to see them draft someone from UB.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 55

Old 05-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #67
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I love Freeman, but yeah, he needs to put it together this year. I don't think Glennon was the right QB to take, but hopefully we won't need him to be a starter anyways.

Loved the Jonathan Banks and Akeem Spence picks, and as a guy from Rochester, it was pretty cool to see them draft someone from UB.
A Bucs fan from Rochester? Are we twins? haha

Anyway, my first time posting over here but hoping for a great year. I think if the revamped defense can step up and Josh stays consistent they should have a good shot of making the playoffs. It's been too long, I'm having withdrawals..
Old 05-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #68
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
A Bucs fan from Rochester? Are we twins? haha

Anyway, my first time posting over here but hoping for a great year. I think if the revamped defense can step up and Josh stays consistent they should have a good shot of making the playoffs. It's been too long, I'm having withdrawals..
Thanks again for the 2K5 rosters.

Freeman is going to make this boat sink or swim. I read something saying the loss of Caddy hurt him not having an outlet. Also he scrambled less last year and scrambling is what helped him make a lot of big plays the 10-6 year.

How do you guys feel about Tiquan Underwood as the number three WR? I liked him his first preseason w/ the Bucs and think he has some untapped talent. Apparently I'm in the minority since most things I read say the Bucs still need a number three WR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #69
Banned

Well, they went out and got Kevin Ogletree and Steve Smith (USC) so at least there will be a competition.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #70
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rting-glennon/

Quote:
The Buccaneers might not have viewed drafting quarterback Mike Glennon as a message to incumbent quarterback Josh Freeman.

But the more they talk about it, the more clear it becomes that they don’t mind it being perceived that way.

Via Dan Pompei of the National Football Post, Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano compared his third-round pick to Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, and said he thought Glennon “can play quickly,” if they need him to.

But our situation will be only if he’s needed,” Schiano said. “Or if he wins the job. Look, I’m not against that. We have a starting quarterback. It’s not like we’re looking to find a starter. But competition is competition. Mike Glennon is a fierce competitor. I knew that when he was coming out of high school. Now being able to work with him a little, you can see it on the practice field.”

It’s reasonable to think the Bucs want to have Glennon ready in a hurry, with Freeman in the final year of his rookie contract.

But with every passing report, it’s harder and harder to sell the motion that they have nothing but trust in the former first-rounder, or that they want to hitch themselves to Freeman for the long-term future.
Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #71
Banned

Freeman will be our starting QB for sure, barring injury. However, if he doesn't have a good season, I have no problem letting him walk at the end of the year. If the front office thinks Glennon is capable of being the starting QB here next year, so be it. I just really want Freeman to succeed this year so we can finally have that franchise type QB that we've never had before. We'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #72
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I've watched a few game tapes of Glennon, he wasn't too impressive. He seemed really conservative, a lot, and I mean a LOT of short routes over the middle. I know he had a horrible offensive line at NC State and his receivers dropped a ton of passes but he barely aired it out (or maybe I just watched the wrong game tapes). That being said, I barely watch college ball so don't listen to me haha. I'm not sure if that was the offensive scheme or what at NC State.. but 3rd and long and a short pass doesn't seem like the smartest play.

On the plus side, his height and arm are definitely intriguing but shouldn't be starting above Josh this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »