Old 12-14-2022, 07:26 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Badges📛

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
Spoiler
damn, I'm six months to late. I came in here to say this and you already beat me to it lol

A Work in Progress
Old 12-18-2022, 06:26 PM   #10
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Here's another one 👇

System Quarterback: A QB that has high enough IQ to blend in and plays better in a offensive system
Old 03-21-2023, 08:22 AM   #11
F17
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was thinking about this whilst on the loo the other day and came to make a post to discuss it haha

I would love to see very few numerical ratings, maybe even none, because only really speed would be relevant I guess, but maybe numerical ratings in terms of tendencies. Equating to a percentage chance a player does a certain action. So we take Edge Rushers. Their tendencies can show what pass rush move they will do as their opening move. A Role Player might not have an expanded repertoire of moves and have 100 bull rush tendency, which could be easily learned by the smarter OLs and mitigated, unless it was a HOF bull rush badge, cause even knowing that was coming would be tough

Speed/Accel would be universal for skill positions, So well known woman respecter Tyreek Hill would be generational speed and accel. Larry Allen as an example, would be a generational speed for an OL, but that generational would be a different speed for skill vs Linemen.

My ideal world would be to see maybe 7 tiers of badge. Obviously with increasing levels of effectiveness

Practice Squad
Bronze
Silver
Gold
Elite
HOF
Generational

QBs
Every single route to have a badge. IE Corner route - HOF, Slant route - Practice Squad would mean he hits a beautiful corner pass, but scatter guns his slants
Pass Distance
Pass Speed
Sack Breaking
Pocket Presence
Clutch - More consistent/better decision making late in games
Plus all HB badges

HBs
Tackle Breaking
Truck Juke Spin etc
Ball Security
Ball Carrier Vision

WRs/TEs
Same for QBs, every route
Uncontested Catching
Contested Catches
Jump Balls
Circus Catches

You get the idea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2023, 01:57 AM   #12
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I’ve always thought about this. I agree with many posters on the 1st page as far as APF’s abilities were the best rendition of any game.

That being said I think a balance between skills and situational would be the best bet.

I’m not a fan of the arcade names for abilities which tells a lot.

I’d like to see them as live scouting reports.

Where guys have their physical stats but the rest is all trait and abilities.

QBs (isolated abilities)
“Progressive” - displays ability to consistently get through progressions finding open man

“Project progressive”- shows flashes of going through progressions but isn’t consistent

“non-progressive” player often stares down intended receiver or maintains sights on one side of field

“Steady feet” qb has good footwork

“Journeyman” qb may tend to throw off balance throws due to pressure

“Pocket poise” ect ect

Just like a scouting report where they break each player down. Theirs your ideal, shows flashes, and behind the average/starter scale of things that are detrimental to success

Running backs

Pass pro, contact balance, burst, vision, ball security, durability, running aggression, patience,

Wide receivers
Release, recognizing coverage , body control, foot work, hands, catch strength, acrobatic abilty, run after the catch , winning routes at each level.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 03-22-2023, 10:44 PM   #13
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Doubling down on further more depth. Regarding abilities/badges/traits/ tendencies need to be a complete meta verse which makes up a players DNA

Right now in Madden there are 53 attributes and around 15 traits

superstar abilities combined with X factor seem to be 178 abilities they have implemented on the game (via personal quick count using) https://www.madden-school.com/abilities/

178 abilities divided by 22 positions = 8 abilities per position non special teams.

If you take away general attributes which include the following: speed, acceleration, strength, agility, awareness, jumping , injury , stamina , toughness that’s 9.. 53-9=44

add 44 more abilities.

NBA 2k has a similar count between the tiers and personality badges which also offer great value.

To my point looking at Herdon hooker on Walter football

Strengths and weaknesses every player should have around 8-20 strengths and weakness combined

Now I mentioned 22 positions how ever it could be scaled into groups

Quarter back, ball carrier, receiver, blocker, secondary , line backer, definitive front, special teams (8 Groups)

Now condense it all together: 44 attribute categories/ 178 abilities/ traits 15 = 237 \8 =29.6 abilities per group

Back to herdon hooker he has 17 evaluations on his play 12 strength 5 weaknesses obviously this is vs NCAA so it needs to be done with the common growing scale but imagine a each player having a unique set of traits that make up his player DNA along with the core physical ratings which would progress or regress naturally

Sorry for the long read but I think this is the way a football game needs to go for quality

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »