Home

Enough Conspiracy Theories, Let's Talk Legit Expectations

This is a discussion on Enough Conspiracy Theories, Let's Talk Legit Expectations within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-13-2022, 08:44 AM   #9
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Enough Conspiracy Theories, Let's Talk Legit Expectations

I noticed the Madden 64 credits its game as a simulation

https://www.google.com/search?q=madd...YYDKAR6BAgDEA4

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_Football_64

https://www.thefamicast.com/2020/08/...eview.html?m=1
The NFL complained that the team colors was to close to the nfl on Madden 64 so they had to change it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Pro_Football_2K8

All pro football is also name a simulation game

Last edited by simbayless; 05-13-2022 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:23 AM   #10
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Lego can be ruled out in 2022 as well. 3 games are in development. Lego soccer is first slated for November 2022. Lego Racing next in early 2023. A 3rd Lego is in early development. If it is NFL it won’t be ready until Fall 2023.

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...n-development/

My money is on a My Team type with the Yard type gameplay and lots of mini games, drills and challenges. That’s the hill I’ll die on until we get real news lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-13-2022, 12:08 PM   #11
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
In one of the original press releases didn't a spokesperson for Take - Two or 2K also mention something about "authenticity & realism" too?

Basically, none of us (either pessimists or optimists) have a damn clue what they have in store.

All we know is that it can't be "simulation" but with no indication what that even entails.

Again, it can fall into a category as shallow as NFL Playgrounds (very possible, but with limited appeal, IMO) to something more ambitious that takes elements of APF (some gameplay & some team creation), yet in an 'arcade' styling to not infringe on the EA + NFL deal.

They'll need to do something fun, engaging, sustainable & with high replayability to make this a success, IMO. There is a clear and obvious reason why 'arcade' - style titles have died off throughout the last few decades.

And clearly, microtransactions will play a part in this upcoming title. The bigger question is how will that effect offline players & people who don't spend $100's of dollars in My(Whatever) features.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
I was slightly incorrect in my quoting of the 2K rep. He didn't say the word(s) 'realism' or 'realistic,' but did mention that they strive for authenticity. Here is the full quote:

"Our goal is always authenticity, depth, fun and as it relates to these titles – approachable and social football experiences. We think this is a good opportunity to service a more casual market, and our research shows there’s an appetite for that." -2K Senior VP of Sports Strategy and Licensing, Jason Argent to IGN.

Not sure how that pertains to an 'arcade' offering and not a full - on simulation title, though.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 05-13-2022 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2022, 12:20 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I was slightly incorrect in my quoting of the 2K rep. He didn't say the word(s) 'realism' or 'realistic,' but did mention that they strive for authenticity. Here is the full quote:

"Our goal is always authenticity, depth, fun and as it relates to these titles – approachable and social football experiences. We think this is a good opportunity to service a more casual market, and our research shows there’s an appetite for that." -2K Senior VP of Sports Strategy and Licensing, Jason Argent to IGN.

Not sure how that pertains to an 'arcade' offering and not a full - on simulation title, though.

I could be wrong but I think those words were specifically used in the official press release though.
Old 05-13-2022, 02:00 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I could see a My Park/Playgrounds style game geared towards online competition. Have something similar to 2k basketball's My Park. Create your guy, take him online and team up to play 6 on 6 on a playground or "yard."
Old 05-13-2022, 06:18 PM   #14
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

To add some more speculative fuel to the fire (around the 8:00 min mark):

https://youtu.be/YS4UcaKf6VU

The guy interviewed strongly hinted at a Playgrounds/Battlegrounds game. Fwiw, he was wrong and somewhat right about when we would hear info. Iirc, the game was announced as delayed right around E3.

And then there is this:
https://youtu.be/8PhfMtZce1k

Now this could be completely nothing. It would, however, make sense that the NFL would do a "soft tease" with a developer as big as TT's backing. And this video fits perfectly with the Playgrounds style.

All of the info we've received strongly hints at a much stronger "Playgrounds-like" title imo.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-13-2022, 06:33 PM   #15
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The “Bring Down The House” Super Bowl ad was filmed and produced by the same agency which created the NFL “100 Year Game” ad from a couple years ago. The agency is named 72andsunny, they are a multimedia advertising agency located in Los Angeles, New York, and Amsterdam, and they don’t make video games.

72andsunny does have several video game related works in their portfolio built in collaboration with Activision and Microsoft properties - Call of Duty, Halo, Destiny, World Of Warcraft, Skylanders, and a few others - but there is no evidence I can find of any existing working relationship between 72andsunny and Take 2.

This year’s ad additionally featured work by Swaybox, a company that makes puppets and animatronics. Which, that has nothing to do with video games but was interesting to learn lol.

I would call it “extremely unlikely” that that ad, as fun as the style was, has anything to do with a video game. While companies as big as Take 2 indeed do often outsource creation of in-game assets, they tend to keep graphic design and art direction stuff - things done prior to the creation of game assets to establish the art direction for a title - in-house.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2022, 04:12 PM   #16
Rookie

bodymore's Arena

OVR: 4

We need a 2k Tecmo Bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »