Home

The XFL is a viable option now

This is a discussion on The XFL is a viable option now within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-28-2022, 11:03 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The XFL is a viable option now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSL97
lmao people really think that 2k, who by choice no longer makes a baseball or hockey game or college basketball game, is gonna suddenly step up to the plate and make an XFL game...all of 2k’s resources have gone into nba 2k in the past decade and thats why they’ve been able to put out great titles such as 2k11 or 2k14...they clearly have no desire to produce any other major sports game besides nba, let alone a game for a league that just got resurrected from the grave
It's cathartic for people who are fans of 2K football to hypothesize about all the possible ways that a sim game may be made again by VC.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:35 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's cathartic for people who are fans of 2K football to hypothesize about all the possible ways that a sim game may be made again by VC.
even if a sim football game were to be made by VC again, the VC of now is a totally different VC from 2004...totally different development team, different corporate management, etc...i’d love to see competition again in sports gaming in general but greed of these companies trumps everything else, still im hoping this new “non-sim” 2k nfl game brings something refreshing to the table
Old 03-29-2022, 01:02 AM   #11
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
even if a sim football game were to be made by VC again, the VC of now is a totally different VC from 2004...totally different development team, different corporate management, etc...i’d love to see competition again in sports gaming in general but greed of these companies trumps everything else, still im hoping this new “non-sim” 2k nfl game brings something refreshing to the table
I don't know what all is different, but I was amazed to actually see how many people still are there from back when.

I hope they can maintain the roots of those games somehow.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 12:43 AM   #12
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
A lot of the same people who worked on NFL 2K and APF 2k8 still work there. It will only be different because of the microtransactions and stuff that is commonplace in a lot of games today. But if they ever were to make a sim game again I'm sure the gameplay would be 100% the best sim experience on the field at least at launch before they cave in to the community and ruin it with patches.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:28 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
A lot of the same people who worked on NFL 2K and APF 2k8 still work there. It will only be different because of the microtransactions and stuff that is commonplace in a lot of games today. But if they ever were to make a sim game again I'm sure the gameplay would be 100% the best sim experience on the field at least at launch before they cave in to the community and ruin it with patches.
Well im glad to have been proven wrong that a lot of the same devs still work there, but lets not pretend that APF 2k8 wasn’t a terrible game that happened to have great gameplay...they could’ve created a fictional league for the game and brought back franchise mode and simply build upon what they did for 2k5...instead they release a barebones game that was EVEN WORSE than what EA did with madden 06 for 360 in terms of removing a bunch of features, but we’re gonna pretend 2k’s the savior of football gaming all based on gameplay alone?
Old 04-04-2022, 05:06 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Well im glad to have been proven wrong that a lot of the same devs still work there, but lets not pretend that APF 2k8 wasn’t a terrible game that happened to have great gameplay...they could’ve created a fictional league for the game and brought back franchise mode and simply build upon what they did for 2k5...instead they release a barebones game that was EVEN WORSE than what EA did with madden 06 for 360 in terms of removing a bunch of features, but we’re gonna pretend 2k’s the savior of football gaming all based on gameplay alone?
Really couldn’t disagree more. I played 2K8 for years, and had a group of 6-8 guys that competed in season after season of the game. Traditional franchise would have ruined it.

That all being said, I think the XFL is actually decent option. We’ll see how the re-launch goes, and being in St. Louis, I might be biased. The Battlehawks got super popular here, if for no other reason than to tell the NFL to go get F’d.

I will grant you, it would not make it as a sim. But it could be a fantastic Super Mega type game.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:14 PM   #15
Rookie

I was just thinking that a XFL game would work. Good way to get back in the football game. As a "Older gamer" I wouldn't enjoy a playgrounds type game. With the XFL relaunch in 2023, Could this be reason for the delay?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »