Home

Old 02-22-2022, 06:29 PM   #9

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Some news

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
“The football title should release later this year to coincide with the FIFA World Cup, followed by the racing game in 2023. A third Lego sports title is also in development, based on a major sports franchise, sources said.”
2K's line will kick off with a football/soccer game. This release is referring to this as one game:

Quote:
2K’s Lego sports line will kick off with a football/soccer game developed by Sumo Digital, VGC understands.
Then goes on to talk about how the first game will release in line with the world cup.

Not sure why they would promote the world cup in line with an American football game.

Also important to note that the studio releasing this game is a studio out of the UK.

If you think this game with be a weird combination of football and soccer then okay but there is not denying that they are referring to a football/soccer game not in a plural sense.

Plus of the three lego pieces they show, they are all soccer players. No football players at all.
Old 02-22-2022, 06:40 PM   #10
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
2K's line will kick off with a football/soccer game. This release is referring to this as one game:

Then goes on to talk about how the first game will release in line with the world cup.

Not sure why they would promote the world cup in line with an American football game.

Also important to note that the studio releasing this game is a studio out of the UK.

If you think this game with be a weird combination of football and soccer then okay but there is not denying that they are referring to a football/soccer game not in a plural sense.

Plus of the three lego pieces they show, they are all soccer players. No football players at all.

The main game discussed is clearly a soccer game. It goes on to say they also have a racing game in development. Then it says “A third Lego sports title is also in development, based on a major sports franchise, sources said.”

That could be an NFL game. I just don’t think it’s the one that got delayed past the 2021 season

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-22-2022, 08:18 PM   #11
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Wowwwww👀👀👀👀👀
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2022, 04:58 AM   #12
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

Before football I could see this third lego related sports title being golf, wrestling or basketball. Or even 2K getting back into baseball or hockey. I can't imagine it being football after a 18 year absent. Maybe down the line but not it's first NFL offering, no freaking way. Besides the article states the 1st game from this agreement which is soccer will release in November and the 2nd title an open world racing game is not being released til next year and the NFL game will release sometime in August. Calm down guys, I have faith 2K won't disappoint.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 02-23-2022 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:44 PM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Some news

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Maybe down the line but not it's first NFL offering, no freaking way.
Why not?

The NFL and NFLPA non-simulation licenses surely did not come cheap. The LEGO brand has cross-generational appeal to increase the size of the target audience and to immediately differentiate the game from other NFL video games. LEGO additionally provides an incredibly obvious path for a believable non-simulation aesthetic necessary to sell a non-simulation game.

Even if this isn’t properly official yet - the news didn’t explicitly report that these three brands are getting paired together - leveraging the NFL, NFLPA, and LEGO brands to deliver a non-simulation football game makes perfect sense to me.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:54 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Some news

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
This article is brand new. 2k just secured the Lego license. They’ve been working on a new football title since 2020. I wouldn’t be surprised if 2k did do a Lego NFL eventually as the other major sport but I doubt this is the football game 2k was ready to release last holiday season before the NFL said it had to release before football season starts
I used to work on a live-service game which featured licensed content. Notably, our game included licensed automobiles from major manufacturers and also The Fast and The Furious movie franchise.

Licensing deals don’t appear out of thin air, and the game developers, designers, artists, etc. often know the deals are going to happen before the deals are officially publicly announced.

I have to believe this agreement was officially executed earlier than just this week.
Old 02-23-2022, 01:00 PM   #15
MVP

simbayless's Arena

If it's true or not I wish 2k will finally make announcement with a period at the end so it won't leave us guessing so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2022, 02:15 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I used to work on a live-service game which featured licensed content. Notably, our game included licensed automobiles from major manufacturers and also The Fast and The Furious movie franchise.

Licensing deals don’t appear out of thin air, and the game developers, designers, artists, etc. often know the deals are going to happen before the deals are officially publicly announced.

I have to believe this agreement was officially executed earlier than just this week.
Rocket League?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »