Home

They should of expanded on APF 2K8

This is a discussion on They should of expanded on APF 2K8 within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-03-2021, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
They should of expanded on APF 2K8

That game had incredible gameplay. It just seriously lacked any kind of replay value. You make a new one with deep customization for players, teams and stadiums, more legends, franchise mode, updated graphics, all around presentation like 2k5 and bring back the crib and this game would sell like hotcakes. How did they think they could just sell a game with a one and done season with limited customization lol. Come on Take Two. You had a gold mine and you blew it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2021, 07:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: They should of expanded on APF 2K8

I guess we can expect one of these "Make another unlicensed customizable game" threads once a month at this point.

It wouldn't sell all too well. Unlicensed games will never be able to stack up the the AAA licensed games.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 07-03-2021, 09:09 PM   #3
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

I keep bringing this up but 2k could of least try one more year and see where it may go.
2k didn't sell well because of lack of License it was because they didn't put a franchise mode into it. 2k owe themselves one more shot at this with a Dope customizable Franchise

Last edited by simbayless; 07-03-2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2021, 03:05 AM   #4
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
I keep bringing this up but 2k could of least try one more year and see where it may go.
2k didn't sell well because of lack of License it was because they didn't put a franchise mode into it. 2k owe themselves one more shot at this with a Dope customizable Franchise
It's never gonna happen. They have the NFL license now. Making a new APF type game is a pipe dream now.

And maybe if APF had a franchise mode it would have sold a little more. But as I said in another thread, APF barely sold 75K copies in it's first two weeks, while NCAA 08 sold 2M.

They weren't about to try again just because a franchise mode might have added a few more sales.

If a game can't even recoup the development costs, they aren't gonna make a new one.

Honestly, 2K will never make another football game that doesn't have the NFL and NFLPA license. They have it now, and it will sell. Probably not as much as Madden, but it's a big coup for them, and enough to make money with a new IP.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #5
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
It's never gonna happen. They have the NFL license now. Making a new APF type game is a pipe dream now.

And maybe if APF had a franchise mode it would have sold a little more. But as I said in another thread, APF barely sold 75K copies in it's first two weeks, while NCAA 08 sold 2M.

They weren't about to try again just because a franchise mode might have added a few more sales.

If a game can't even recoup the development costs, they aren't gonna make a new one.

Honestly, 2K will never make another football game that doesn't have the NFL and NFLPA license. They have it now, and it will sell. Probably not as much as Madden, but it's a big coup for them, and enough to make money with a new IP.

Sell? Did WWE 2k battlegrounds the one that's on playstation plus sell?
Asking for a friend
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Sell? Did WWE 2k battlegrounds the one that's on playstation plus sell?
Asking for a friend
Are you saying that Battlegrounds didn't sell because it wasn't sim? While that's probably part of it, WWE is a whole different ballgame than the NFL. You can't even compare the two.

WWE 2K was always gonna sell more because it's an established IP. And the reason for Battlegrounds was completely different than the reason for a new NFL 2K game. It was a panic cash grab to recoup what they could knowing they had to delay 2K a year.

I'm not gonna sit here and try to convince you that a sim unlicensed 2K football game won't sell more than an arcade NFL game. You made up your mind on that one.

But the fact of the matter is, if an unlicensed sim football game would sell more than an arcade NFL game with real players and teams, 2K would have made another one a long time ago. And not to mention the money they will bring in by having their own spin on an Ultimate Team mode.

Hope this helps with your friend's question.

Last edited by PVarck31; 07-04-2021 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-04-2021, 04:05 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I would imagine that 2K is looking to bring a large portion of their Park players from NBA 2K to their new football game. I suspect that that is where the money will be made.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-04-2022, 12:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

2k8 didnt sell well because it was so bare bones. A one and done season only for any game wouldnt sell well lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »