Home

2k should make college all pro football 🏈

This is a discussion on 2k should make college all pro football 🏈 within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-23-2022, 11:25 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: 2k should make college all pro football 🏈

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox04
I agree if it was full customizable it would sell especially if it had Apf2k8 or better gameplay. You could make the NFL or NCAA. I'd buy it in a second.
I don't see 2K as having any incentive whatsoever to put a lot of resources behind making some fantastical sandbox football game. Gamers have shown themselves to be extremely fickle.

Even with 2K making APF2K8 as an almost "see what we can do with one hand tied behind our backs" effort, you had many of these same fickle gamers complaining because it had no franchise mode (or whatever their pet feature was), they wouldn't support it.

Fast forward 14yrs later (FOURTEEN YEARS!!!) and APF in motion still compares favorably to a PS5/XSX Madden, and may even animate/play better still. Yet gamers collectively still accept Madden for what it is by buying it year in and year out... 2K shouldn't have to save gamers from themselves. Imo this is a case of gamers getting what they deserve.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-30-2022, 02:18 AM   #18
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I don't see 2K as having any incentive whatsoever to put a lot of resources behind making some fantastical sandbox football game. Gamers have shown themselves to be extremely fickle.

Even with 2K making APF2K8 as an almost "see what we can do with one hand tied behind our backs" effort, you had many of these same fickle gamers complaining because it had no franchise mode (or whatever their pet feature was), they wouldn't support it.

Fast forward 14yrs later (FOURTEEN YEARS!!!) and APF in motion still compares favorably to a PS5/XSX Madden, and may even animate/play better still. Yet gamers collectively still accept Madden for what it is by buying it year in and year out... 2K shouldn't have to save gamers from themselves. Imo this is a case of gamers getting what they deserve.
good point....then again, APF2K8 came out before microtransactions and ultimate team became prominent in sports games in general. it's a shame fickle gamers don't tire of this and no longer support these features. but here we are.
Old 01-30-2022, 03:11 PM   #19
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
good point....then again, APF2K8 came out before microtransactions and ultimate team became prominent in sports games in general. it's a shame fickle gamers don't tire of this and no longer support these features. but here we are.

The micro transactions and having the NFLPA would be a game changer for an APF type game. Problem is with 2ks arcade agreement with the NFL. It’s hard to see them making it and risking upsetting the league

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-01-2022, 10:13 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The micro transactions and having the NFLPA would be a game changer for an APF type game. Problem is with 2ks arcade agreement with the NFL. It’s hard to see them making it and risking upsetting the league

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Who knows what the wordage in the agreements are. Obviously they can't make a game that directly rivals Madden with an attempt at authentic gameplay with the current NFL setup in franchise mode, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if 2k did have the ability to use the NFLPA rights they have to make a game that was purely a MyTeam type of game with all the current NFL players plus whatever legends they wanted to sign.

If it could bring in a fraction of the revenue MyTeam does in NBA 2k then the NFL would be happy.

I don't expect them to be making a game specifically like that, but who knows at this point. I'll continue to keep my expectations low.

― Plato
Old 02-18-2022, 04:39 PM   #21
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

They should just make another NFL player based APF instead. They have the rights to the players so they could use Legends and current players.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2022, 06:54 PM   #22

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
They should just make another NFL player based APF instead. They have the rights to the players so they could use Legends and current players.
They can't make a sim game. By all accounts, APF was very much a sim game.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:11 PM   #23
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
They can't make a sim game. By all accounts, APF was very much a sim game.
They can’t make an NFL sim game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »