Home

First Person Football

This is a discussion on First Person Football within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-22-2020, 04:36 PM   #9
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: First Person Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Imagine this with current/next-gen graphics in a VR environment!

Man that brings back memories, when you were running and only had one defender to get by, you get by him and only see the end zone? Was so satisfying.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:31 AM   #10
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

I recently bought an Oculus Quest 2 for Christmas and after playing some excellent games, including an awesome boxing game called Thrill of The Fight, I'd be absolutely shocked if 2k's planned slate of NFL-licensed football titles didn't include some sort of VR experience.

While it may not be an 11-on-11 sim, I could see perhaps a skills competition, 7-on-7 or an arcade style 11-on-11. Either way, given Visual Concepts' previous implementation of First Person Football in NFL 2k4-2k5 on the original Xbox, it is not a stretch to say they'd give it another go on the Oculus(and other headsets), especially with the continued emergence and improved affordability of VR Treadmills (i.e. Ready Player One) on the horizon.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:25 AM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 0

I remember finding this mode to be quite jarring at first. After a few tries, it became fun to try out, though I generally prefer playing with a 3rd person perspective.

Still, you gotta admire Visual Concepts for even attempting to do this. Also, yes, VR would definitely make this mode better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2021, 03:59 AM   #12
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

I still dig it too. I’m with everyone. It needs to be included. Playing QB became easy after about 75 games. Playing DB was a real challenge. I haven’t played in in a few years. Might have to give it a go...
Old 02-04-2021, 08:47 AM   #13
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonpete
I still dig it too. I’m with everyone. It needs to be included. Playing QB became easy after about 75 games. Playing DB was a real challenge. I haven’t played in in a few years. Might have to give it a go...
Since 2K4 and 2K5 were probably developed with the 4:3 standard in mind at the time, they had to give a little more of a fisheye lens to everything and make things a little more "zoomed out." Maybe now with the 16:9 standard, it's possible they can get a better zoomed in focal length to not make things appear farther away than they are, especially when playing DB.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »