Home

Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc.)

This is a discussion on Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc.) within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc

I'm thinking seriously about doing the 1973 Alabama and Notre Dame teams. Got to search hard for info.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:13 AM   #58
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc

1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers
spitbubble

Repeat National Champs, with explosive Kick Returner/WR extraordinaire Johnny Rodgers (who would win the Heisman in '72) and also Outland Award winner Larry Jacobson.

Some say this is the greatest team of all time, and they are certainly in the conversation.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 08-18-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin
2004 Cal completed: http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...459:1281406430

OVR: A
OFF: A
DEF: A-

Offense:
1) Aaron Rogers QB
2) JJ Arrington RB
3) Geoff MacArthur WR
4) Ryan O'Callaghan RT
5) Garrett Cross TE

Defense:
1) Donnie McClesky ROV (SS)
2) Lorenzo Alexander DT
3) Daymeion Hughes CB
4) Wendell Hunter OLB
5) Joe Maningo MLB
No disrespect man but why is that team rated perfectly when they aren't even considered one of the greatest teams of all time?

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/colf...eams/best.html

http://www.rosebowlhistory.org/roseb...s-20070503.php

An All-Time CAL Team because of their lack of elite players in the secondary wouldn't be rated a A- on defense.

I don't think they have a single guy listed on their All-Team as one of the top 100 College football players of All-Time which makes it even more puzzling to see a very avg team like the one posted being rated so highly.
http://americasbestonline.net/cfootball100.htm

Now lets say we just observe their roster based on the talent they actually had....

Of the All time 50 greatest CAL Bears only Rogers, Arrington, Ryan O'Callaghan and McArthur made the list. Not too bad but Arrington was the only guy on that list to even crack the top 10.
http://tightwad-hill.blogspot.com/20...ck-muncie.html

Rogers was a stud and has turned into a big time player on the next level. But i don't think that specific team itself deserves to be rated an A overall accross the boards.

This isn't 71 Nebraska were talking about here or even 95 Nebraska for that matter.

I can see being rated an A on offense i wouldn't do it myself but defense and overall is way overating that team IMO.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone interested in doing a 1999 or 2000 Virginia Tech (read: Michael Vick) team?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #61
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

Foreverhorn no longer has his 2005 Texas Longhorns. Looked for it on the search. All he has is the 2009 and 2010 Longhorns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #62
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

Just created 1979 Ohio State and 1979 USC (1980 Rose Bowl Match-Up) for PS3.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:18 AM   #63
Rookie

ZWVols11's Arena

OVR: 1

I made an All-Time SEC Team back in August it's been up since on XBL gamertag - zwells1107. If you guys are interested in checking it out and giving some feedback feel free. I'm sure the ratings aren't as in depth as described in this thread since I just came across this.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcollins1308
Anyone interested in doing a 1999 or 2000 Virginia Tech (read: Michael Vick) team?
These have been created by a number of people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »