Home

Please help! NCAA 09 or 10?

This is a discussion on Please help! NCAA 09 or 10? within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Please help! NCAA 09 or 10?

I've looked at several threads, but none really compare the two games.

I've been out of the college basketball loop for years, I'm just now getting back in.

I have College Hoops 2k8, as I read everywhere... over and over that this is the standard for a dynasty and is considered the greatest college bball game ever basically.

It is in the mail now.

My question is... I have Ncaa bball 09. I got it got really cheap.

What is different in 10? It goes for like 30-40 bucks I've seen which is just insane...

I do like the Dynasty mode in 09 quite a bit. It's good.

What am I missing in 10?

The toughest 20 places to play... that is in 10 I see... do those change? Or is it a locked in 20 hard places to play?

I remember in a college football years ago... you could actually get your stadium in that list or something.

Thanks!

I've got the 2k8 coming,a nd have 09. I just want to know if I need to pursue 10 or is it too much like 09.

Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Please help! NCAA 09 or 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyturtle85
I've looked at several threads, but none really compare the two games.

I've been out of the college basketball loop for years, I'm just now getting back in.

I have College Hoops 2k8, as I read everywhere... over and over that this is the standard for a dynasty and is considered the greatest college bball game ever basically.

It is in the mail now.

My question is... I have Ncaa bball 09. I got it got really cheap.

What is different in 10? It goes for like 30-40 bucks I've seen which is just insane...

I do like the Dynasty mode in 09 quite a bit. It's good.

What am I missing in 10?

The toughest 20 places to play... that is in 10 I see... do those change? Or is it a locked in 20 hard places to play?

I remember in a college football years ago... you could actually get your stadium in that list or something.

Thanks!

I've got the 2k8 coming,a nd have 09. I just want to know if I need to pursue 10 or is it too much like 09.

Thanks again!
My two cents here is all about the presentation. NCAA 10 has the ESPN and CBS integration which is really great visually. The dynasty end of it is okay. The name generators kill me because you'll see teams with multiple players with the same first or last name at times which might seem like a small thing, however if you want to really get fully immersed into the dynasty world it can get annoying!

I do believe 10 is enough of an upgrade from 09 to purchase. Gameplay is alright, but if you have the right sliders in place you can get it to be competitive and not feel impossible or too easy (that was my case a while back).

On the 2k8 vs. 10 debate, 2k8 really is the gold standard for immersion on the dynasty. If you don't mind the slightly older looking graphics, this is your bet. If you want a simpler college basketball game that looks nice, 10 is where it's at.

Honestly, you can't lose grabbing both. I did this years ago and when this time of year comes around I'm always thankful I did as I flip back and forth between the two!

Enjoy!
Old 11-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

NCAA '10 is the better of the two games, but it has a nasty freeze bug in it that will cause the game to lock up during timeouts where the only remedy is to reset the console. It doesn't happen every game but it occurred enough for me to stop playing it back then.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the inputs guys.

I've not played a college basketball game since like NCAA 2k6 or something. Whatever one had a UNC player on the front. Maybe it was March Madness 2006 actually.

Anyways.

I've never played CH 2k8. It should be in the mail today and I'm excited. It looks very dated of course as it is 11 years old now, but I've heard the dynasty and simming is just amazing. Which is why I'm getting it.

I do have NCAA 09 like I said before, and i like it, and I'm trying to go with Indiana in that, and the simming seems really really wacky or something?

Maybe it is just me. I mean INdiana on that game isn't very good, but it tends to favor small schools too much?

NCAA 10 is expensive. Like 30-40 bucks and I don't know if I can drop that on a game 9 years old now. I don't care if it is the most recent.

I mean you get motion offense, top 20 places to play added in (which I've read is dynamic. Could I get Assembly Hall into that list????)

And that's basically it? I mean what else is better? I like 09... but it seems wonky.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:55 PM   #5
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm torn between the same games...NCAA 09 or 10.

09 has the classic rosters and classic uniforms to go with it, but that's about it.

Everything else is better in 10...graphics, presentation, gameplay, features and immersion.

Then I started comparing 09 and 10 to CH2k8 and that re-complicated things lol. '

In the end I think if you can own NCAA 09 and NCAA 10 you will be good.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »