Home

How Live Could Win

This is a discussion on How Live Could Win within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-31-2022, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How Live Could Win

Let me first start off by saying, I'm a fan of basketball games not any brand. Whoever puts out the best product for what I like is where I play. And these are my opinions on how Live could be that place for ppl like myself.

In a Basketball game, I look for just that, basketball. Authentic gameplay that reflect reality. IRL ball is fun so why do ppl think realistic video game ball cant be? But here's my idea of how Live could come back and dominate the BBall game world.

Like the previous releases in 19, feature the Create Your Player Mode. But without the NBA simulation license (or whatever it is), Make the game fully custom players where you play Online only. Maybe have Bosses, or Boss team of made-up legends or even real life NON-NBA Legends like guys from the Rucker. Larry Bone Collector Williams who has already worked with EA featured on a Boss team. But the game would be more about head to head PVP with other players. I prefer Live's "myplayer" path to building ur player. And not pay to win like other games. You dont need the NBA when all of the players are user made playing with and against user made players. I know this hurts the Offline players who prefer tradition modes with real teams.

Make the game free to play. Free to Play brings in the numbers. Games like Fortnite, Apex Legends, Rocket League, Warzone have seen some of the greatest numbers ever because of FTP. This helps prioritize Live in the Execs view. And im sorry numbers are needed in gaming.

Season Pass style microtransactions. But not towards player development directly. Example, no paying to build ur player like another game, instead all money used or earned in game would go towards things like gears, maybe training facilities that offer a performance buff and even nerf in areas of your game depending on the gyms focus. Like buying or renting a particular gym would slightly buff ur 3pt shooting but nerf your finishing for a few games. And no stacking of gym workouts. Transportation around the city as an open world would give users much more to do but should be based around basketball life.

In Game ProAM/Semi-Pro League features. Being able to create and league, fill with players for teams and customize it. Options to run indoor or outdoor leagues.

Performance driver player progression, with live progression and regression or slump feature. Playing great raising your overall, or lowering from slumping over the traditional only go up. Players in real life can be 99 one game and 70 another. No one players at their highest every single game. So in this feature, if you're a 80 and play well over the course of a set amount of games, your overall would raise alittle. And if you slump you would drop alittle. Continue to trend either way and it would continue to drop or raise you slowly.

And lastly BETTER GAMEPLAY ANIMATIONS AND COLLISIONS lol

These are just a few of my ideas. My own ideas, dont kill me for being innovative and not being a english scholar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2022, 08:15 PM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: How Live Could Win

It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry's apartment was broken into even though he had installed a high end lock. That lock had one design flaw: "the door... must be CLOSED!"

Just like in EA's case - in order to win, they need to RELEASE GAMES!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 02-01-2022, 09:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry's apartment was broken into even though he had installed a high end lock. That lock had one design flaw: "the door... must be CLOSED!"

Just like in EA's case - in order to win, they need to RELEASE GAMES!
Maybe next time instead of failing, just bring something people want to actually care about. I'll leave that there, they release plenty of games guy. But we are talking about Basketball and they can not release NBA... What episode of Seinfeld does that remind you of?
Old 02-03-2022, 12:59 PM   #4
Banned

EA blew their chance with the Elite debacle. It set them back years in a market that does not support more than one AAA sports game per league. How good of a game EA could make at this point is irrelevant.

2K isn't just the leading NBA game, it is a behemoth like Madden. Momentum will carry it very far at this point. It's a strong game, with features players love.

2K needs to stumble before EA or anyone else could compete with them. EA will probably keep a skeleton crew building and updating an NBA game, but they are not going to invest in a head-to-head competition with 2K until they feel like its player base is actually looking for an alternative.

EA is making the same play with MLB. There is no reason to go head-to-head with Sony today. Before sports games were online 24/7, with constant updates, a new year brought the opportunity for a new developer surprise the community.

On top of generating a ton of revenue, MyPlayer and MyTeam type of modes are designed to keep players engaged for 12 months, and primed to buy the next game, that have new features, but still feel familiar, and all your friends are still playing that game.

Where is EA putting their money? The PGA, because 2K has crapped the bed when it comes to anything that makes it a yearly event that people look forward to. EA will drop in with the Masters and Majors, and if they learned their lesson, a robust and full featured country club mode like the old Tiger games.

Again, gameplay largely won't matter. It just needs to polished and competent.

I want EA to release a new NBA Live. I can't imagine any way that they could do so profitably. Thinking they can requires believing in a fantasy that millions of 2K players are actually unhappy when they play every single day.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:01 PM   #5
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by x21Problems
What episode of Seinfeld does that remind you of?
Your expensive lock won't protect you if you don't close the door; you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket...and you can't win the gaming battle if you don't release a game.
https://youtu.be/WjeO84QSl5A

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2024, 02:54 AM   #6
Rookie

It brings to mind that Seinfeld episode when Jerry's apartment was burglarized despite having a high-end lock. The flaw in that lock design was simple: "the door... must be CLOSED!"

Similarly, in EA's situation - to succeed, they must actually RELEASE GAMES!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »