Home

Does EA own NBA jam engine ?

This is a discussion on Does EA own NBA jam engine ? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
Does EA own NBA jam engine ?

I honestly think EA would make more money selling a revamped nba jam than Live. Exact same engine as NBA hang-time/NBA Jam, but with updated graphics. Nba playgrounds just isn’t the same as nba jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Does EA own NBA jam engine ?

I think they own the rights . They should continue making Jam but not give up on Live . Jam is for arcade style fans, not necessarily appealing just to NBA fans. .

We need competition for the NBA. Makes publishers and devs work a little harder and set better standards

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

According to my opinion, Ea should own NBA Jam Engine. As, It will help them in future for sure!
Old 07-09-2019, 09:22 PM   #4
MVP

Jam is meh. Street needs to be remade. IMO the best arcade bball game ever. Even got my friends who were skaters into it cuz they liked to chain all the dribble tricks. haha, those game breakers. The Yeti. That game was fire.

Hard to imagine how it wouldn't be even better now.

Jam was good like back in 94. Loved the music. Loved the janky graphics. But Street was actually a good game. NBa Jam was like arch rivals level skill, or so it seemed to me.

Edit: rekt, gonna get banned for posting in this old thread. haha.

-Smak
Old 07-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

nba STREET def needs to come back. I'd do anything to be able to play NBA Street 1 or Vol 2. Maybe we can dream...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
nba STREET def needs to come back. I'd do anything to be able to play NBA Street 1 or Vol 2. Maybe we can dream...

I dunno if it's too far fetched. But that was the most 'different' bball game I ever played, while still keeping bball as a part of it. I remember just wetting 3s with Larry Bird to troll my friends who would try to do a bunch of tricks.

I'd def play a new version. I'm sure you can play the other ones. THERE ARE WAYS.

But that'd be a dream game for me. I'd love to see how it held up competitively 5 v 5. I don't think EA should ever abandon Live, but I wouldn't hate if they came out with a street style game like that.

That might be their ticket to money making, but I dunno. NBA Jam just has name recognition cuz it's a classic arcade game. People who played Street know that game was a classic.

-Smak
Old 08-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
That might be their ticket to money making, but I dunno. NBA Jam just has name recognition cuz it's a classic arcade game. People who played Street know that game was a classic.
Easy fix: Name it NBA Jam, but make it NBA Street. Just say it's a "fresh new take on NBA Jam" but secretly all of us old folks know it's NBA Street.

Best of both worlds.

We used to run the student union back in college with NBA Street v1. They had a PS2 hooked up and me and my buddy Jamal used to own all comers with our John Stockton/Karl Malone tandem.

Last edited by BA2929; 08-04-2019 at 03:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »