Home

game of 21 or 4 quarters in ProAm?

This is a discussion on game of 21 or 4 quarters in ProAm? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: game of 21 or 4 quarters in ProAm?

All I know is the quick in and out of games in live run after the tedious experience that is the park and pro-am was a fantastic experience. Especially if your like me and run solo much of the time not getting stuck into a miserable experience with horrible teamates or against the AI because of a quitter for 45 minutes. Also just jumping in and out of games is so refreshing eliminating all the wait time. I truly hope they keep that aspect from 16. I know a lot of you guys want it to be sim with 4 quarters and foulshots and whatnot, but once you feel the benefit of quicker experiences I think you will appreciate it.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:02 PM   #18
Rookie

I got bored of games of 21 finishing quickly, especially when it was 2 teams of 5 evenly matched. Oh the number of games finishing 21-19 or 23-20 I wanted to keep going at it

Last edited by EazyT; 08-07-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #19
Rookie

I didn't like the notion of 21 but it is a good way to get games in. Leagues just play best of 7. Perhaps a win by two would help make those close games more enjoyable.

Sure add in the option for 4qtrs/fouls but I think with these live events they are planning it would be a good way to for teams to bring their street game to a real tournament.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
All I know is the quick in and out of games in live run after the tedious experience that is the park and pro-am was a fantastic experience. Especially if your like me and run solo much of the time not getting stuck into a miserable experience with horrible teamates or against the AI because of a quitter for 45 minutes. Also just jumping in and out of games is so refreshing eliminating all the wait time. I truly hope they keep that aspect from 16. I know a lot of you guys want it to be sim with 4 quarters and foulshots and whatnot, but once you feel the benefit of quicker experiences I think you will appreciate it.
AMEN!! However i would like an option to play full games. in live 16, quite a few times i ran into a lobby where both teams played team ball and we would run 5-6 games straight. would be great if they were full games but the quickness you just cant beat.

also for those games where youre teammates are not as unselfish you can get out quicker.

however in my opinion live does a better job penalizing you for selfish play (team grade wise)
Old 08-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #22
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
i do like the quickness of 21 but i gotta say i would love to have 4qtrs for the indoor courts.
Even for outdoor courts it should be 4Qs. When they play at Dyckman and Rucker Park it's 4Q games.

21 is a pick up game thing.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:22 PM   #23
Rookie

I will never get my 2k pro am teamates to even try Live without the 4 qtrs. They should make this an option. This game at the very least, needs as many options as possible. They quick games are great, and theres definitely a place for it. But, OPTIONS!
Old 08-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #24
Pro

21 win by two. gameplay is lovely. as for pro am leagues we'll continue to best of 7

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »