Home

This can't be life. Live 16 sold 8,300 copies. Ouch

This is a discussion on This can't be life. Live 16 sold 8,300 copies. Ouch within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #17
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: This can't be life. Live 16 sold 8,300 copies. Ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Haha really?

This one had those questions in it as well

It's not as generic as '15's survey....the in game one anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've basically gotta lie on the survey in order to get all the questions, which is a false survey anyway. If you have to take surveys and still don't implement what the surveys convey, then what's the point of the survey? Live 07 had a survey, Elite 11, Live 14 iirc, 15 and now 16 have surveys. That's just sad. I don't recall any other series having this many surveys. outright laughable... that's EA Sports and Live for you folks.. the joke of NBA gaming.

To be placed in the minds of gamers everywhere with the likes of Custer's Revenge & E.T. on Atari 2600, Superman 64, Shaq-Fu, Elf Bowling, M&M Kart Racing & Tony Hawk 5. NBA Live series ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 10-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #18
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
If they don't get it they should now. Give the people what the want/have been asking for.

Yep.......

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

Last edited by swac07; 10-20-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #19
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Honestly, if this title would have been released on the PC.......I would probably wait for the price drop, like I'm doing now. Bring on the fire sale.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #20
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

D:

Old 10-20-2015, 01:15 PM   #21
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

This game will be in the EA Vault prettty soon. Should have debut in the vault. I told people Twitch don't lie. You don't ever see more then 10 people streaming this game at any given time, with no more then 50 total views. Right That is extremely low for a relatively new game.

People tried to make excuses for the low views saying people just grinding away doing LUT challenges. Nope, people just didn't buy the game. Ultimate Team is streamed the majority of the time for FIFA, Madden and NHL, so why wouldn't people stream LUT challenges too if they had the game ?

I wouldn't be surprised if people got fired or replaced and they got a new head of the dev team. I was going to write this yesterday that out of all the EA Sports games released this year, Live 16 is the least improved. FIFA and Madden made HUGE jumps this year in 1 dev cycle. Live 16 on the other hand, just slapped on Pro Am and a handful of sliders.

EA better hope college sports come back. Live just isn't cutting it. They are getting no where near the income off of Live series like they did with NCAA Football. I mean a little over 8,000 in sales from the biggest video game company in the world is embarrassing. There is no way to spin that or deny that. You have indie games that sale more then that.

Sad thing is, EA was giving everybody and their mama damn near 10 free copies of the game to give out to Twitter and Youtube followers. But yet the game still didn't sale well. So the marketing push was there. The game itself just didn't deliver and live up to expectations.

Scrap Synergy EA.....You been using it since Live 09 and it isn't helping your sales or the series at all. Add tendencies and more precise ratings instead. Look at all the other sports games out there that are doing very well. One thing they all have in common. They all have a hell out a lot of ratings, tendencies and sliders. Don't know why Live series think they can get away with just a tiny bit of ratings and sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 01:16 PM   #22
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Why would EA throw a Madden or FIFA budget into a game that doesn't sell at all? They would lose even more $. A $39.99 price tag wouldn't attract new buys either. At this point 2K is synonymous with the NBA.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:29 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would have bought it but they gave it to me for free. Hope this game continues as the foundation is set now and I like what they are doing. Unfortunately it's taken too long to get to this point and 2k has a madden back in the day following where sales will always be big. Stick with it EA!!
Old 10-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #24
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Wow, didn't think it sold this bad. I'm still looking to get it when the price drops. I like the pro-am mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »