Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #65
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I downloaded the demo last night ands The game to me isnt bad at all, plays a good game, as I loved NBA live 10 maybe thats why.

My only beef is as a knicks fan, Why does LIVE have a more complete MSG then 2k14.

In Live they even have Madison Square Garden written on the court, how do they have that and 2k doesn't?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #66
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
I downloaded the demo last night ands The game to me isnt bad at all, plays a good game, as I loved NBA live 10 maybe thats why.

My only beef is as a knicks fan, Why does LIVE have a more complete MSG then 2k14.

In Live they even have Madison Square Garden written on the court, how do they have that and 2k doesn't?
EA has more money to spend on that. 2K on the other hand focused on the game itself, not writing on a court.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #67
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
EA has more money to spend on that. 2K on the other hand focused on the game itself, not writing on a court.
yeah but its been like that for years in 2k, hasn't been there, you see all the other Area's name. No MSG..Weird.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 11-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #68
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Sooooo after playing some more last night I've decided that this game isn't worth $60 price tag. Luckily I didn't have to fork out that much as I had trade that helped me.

IMO, Live 10 plays soooo much better. Not sure what they did, but this really isn't a finished product. There are some things that Live does really well, but there are A LOT of things it does wrong.

The most glaring issue I have is the BounceTek. It doesn't feel as smooth as the videos that were shown. It feels very sluggish (the whole game feels that way) and not very well done. Maybe it's just me cause I don't know exactly how to do any of the moves. A gym/practice mode or Live 10's hangar would've helped here.

Instead of going deep on some other things that I didn't like I'll just list them.

1. Too many elbow blocks, Live 10 had the same issues.
2. Holding the L1 button, D-pad and moving your player with the L3 to call plays is way too complicated.
3. Hitting the Triangle button to hop step or step back will get you anywhere you need to go.
4. Playing defense by hold L2 feels too tight and sluggish. This causes a lot of dribble drives in the lane.
5. With all the foul sliders at 100 there are still not enough fouls called.
6. More animations should be included when a player is jumping. Just looks awkward when guys jump up.

Those are just a few, but the good thing about all of those that I mention is that they're fixable with a patch or next year. So IMO the future is bright IF they build from here and not try to start over again.

Some things that I liked.

1. I really, really love the pace of the game. The cpu plays a very deliberate pace, but will push when they have the chance.
2. I didn't see the cpu PG dribbling and crossing over just to get in the paint.
3. CPU will us a lot of P&R or ISO's in the correct situations.
4. Melo and Harden (Only played 2 games of 12 min quarters) really played like themselves and felt the CPU took advantage of match ups.
5. I like the ESPN commentary and presentation. Guys checking in at the scorers table, warm-ups on the bench are all part of the presentation.

All in all, while it doesn't look the best or play as smooth as it should it shows EA has taken a very sim approach to the game.

Once I get the controls down and a way to move my fingers to call plays it could become more enjoyable.

That's all I got for now.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 0
This. Game. Sucks. I don't know why anyone is even being REMOTELY nice about it. Paying $60 for this game, when you have a superior product in NBA 2k14 is like buying a Pinto for the same price as an S-Class Benz - it's stupid.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
yeah but its been like that for years in 2k, hasn't been there, you see all the other Area's name. No MSG..Weird.
Its not weird. The license to use the MSG name is expensive and 2k isnt willing to pay it when they can make an arena that is 95% the same as MSG and not have to spend money for the license. EA is willing to do that for Live. They havent been willing to do that for other games though. Fight Night has a MSG like arena but doesnt use the MSG name.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 2

i went to get the game yesterday and im dissapointed about the controls. i wonder if i should fo exchange it for bf4 what do you guys think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #72
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

After playing this all of yesterday, wanting to give it a fair shake:

I love the presentation...the overlays, halftime show, all of it is just great...I kind've understand why people want licensed presentation now, really draws you in..

I'm generally disappointed with everything else..

No amount of car paint metaphors can justify the fact that the game looks and animates like a last gen game...part of the gaming experience is the visuals...just like I mentioned with the presentation drawing me in, all the other visuals push me away..

It's not a situation where the game just lacks visual polish either. The movement and control is supposed to be the staple of this series and the game is lacking there...everything is incredibly sluggish and clunky...I feel like there's no real sense of speed, and the game doesn't reflect the athleticism of the NBA game. It's cool that the A.I plays at a slow pace...but this is he case with every team...I think this is what the misguided reviewer meant "every one plays like the Spurs" of course he was wrong, but I think he meant the slow place of the early 00 teams..

Anyway, This game is a foundation in the sense that EA released a NBA game...but other than that, it's just not a very good game...well see what NBA LIVE 15 brings...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »