Home

CONFIRMED: NBA Elite 11 Delayed until 2011

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: NBA Elite 11 Delayed until 2011 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #457
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: CONFIRMED: NBA Elite 11 Delayed until 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Like one of the mods said I rather this be a cover up ,because I can understand it and I would do the samething if EA was my employer. After all there is no way you guys bash your own game. But the refs dont move ,there are no injuries ,guys jumping without bending at the knees(yes I understand this was done on purpose ,but that doesnt make it right) guys doing things in humanly possible and the great A.I. we where promised is non-exsistent. So if you know all of this and still try to sell the game you either dont understand what important to most of us or your turning a blind eye. Once again I rather the latter.
Someone quoted my earlier post and "corrected" me that in-game injuries & realistic player movement were actually important to the devs, but that they just didn't have time to complete them this year.

Well, I'm now quoting your post here Da Throne, because my point in asking "Why isn't Littman here to defend his "vision" for a basketball game?" is more in the vein of what you're citing here, something like the decision to not have players actually bending their knees to jump. Maybe I should've asked that instead in my post.

Like you, I prefer the latter. Because if they just don't know basketball, that's an even scarier thought, and we'll NEVER get anything close to an NBA simulation from them. If they know, but are just "turning a blind eye" then that's the lesser of two bad scenarios.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER.... EVER..... EVER..... should a player jump literally two to three feet into the air, WITHOUT bending his knees. Doesn't matter what the goal/implementation is, this simply cannot happen. You've got to respect what the human body is capable of.

Literally for days man, for days, I kept asking myself how anyone who loves this sport & wants to recreate it, can think about that and come up with the "design decision" that it's okay in a bball game. That, and another one that is still confusing me, is the decision to remove turbo, again from a basketball game. An NBA game.

You're claiming "Real"-time physics (keyword "real"), while picking and choosing when to actually respect real life physics. Colliding in the paint? Real physics. Jumping in the air on a dime? Not so much. Under this "vision" this will never look like real NBA ball.

And this is why--for the guy who quoted me--I was asking why Littman wasn't here, instead of the devs (who pretty much have to program the game based on what their producer/publisher's final decision is), defending this game all this time.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #458
Rookie

OVR: 1
u have a great point ^ when andrew bynum dunkin from free throw line its casual all day.. if thats the case bring the cheerleaders on the court during halftime,all star game weekend, having the players signing endorsement deal, let flagrant fouls happen, let technical fouls happen.. their is things they can add if its a casual game situation, add injuries,have fans boo ex players who change teams like when lebron plays the cavs in the heat jersey.. i mean its 2010 we should already have these things in the game already
Old 09-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #459
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db-Ransom
took the words right out my mouth, live 10 was an amazing basketball game minus the glitches.. i say it was way better then 2k10..... if they can somehow incorporate RTP, the new skill based shooting with the addition of the "grey zone" (explained in one of my previous posts), improve the graphics, so we can have the best looking basketball game ever... theyd be miles ahead of 2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickeeGreen
I got some great stuff...But please pass me what your smoking...
He was talking about BASKETBALL X's and O's. In that aspect I feel Live 10 was better than 2K10. Just look at the Czar's video about how plays were ran in 2K10 and that's ALL that you need to know. And , personally, that's all that I really care about. It was very rewarding running plays in Live 10, even when you didn't run any plays and guys were just running around by themselves trying to get open was hot. I like frills just as much as the next guy but I want substance first.

But if you're on that icky sticky I guess any game looks like it has great movement. lol
Old 09-28-2010, 02:00 AM   #460
MVP

OVR: 39

after reading the whole thread, just throwing some random thoughts out more or less..
  • I feel your pain Live fans.. although I'm not a huge BBall video game player, I live for NCAA Football. I can not imagine if it were cancelled for a year, but if it was for the betterment of the series - good. At least there is an alternative tho in 2K.. I feel like this is the right step to really make the series "NEW". An extra year (which I hope is what's happening) to fix/improve what they have - that could make for something great.
  • I really enjoyed Live 10, and am disappointed this had to be cancelled. From what I have seen though, Elite was not ready & would have been crushed by what 2K11 has put together. I was on the fence, but after comparing the features/vids/etc.... 2K was going to get the buy this year. I wish the EA team well with what appears to be a new dev cycle for a release in 2011 (Elite 12?)
  • I'm still incredibly pumped for NBA Jam... not all was lost here. I think the revamped Jam is going to be an instant classic and could soften the blow (slightly) for Live fans.
  • Its crazy that this title was pulled a WEEK before release. I have never seen anything like this with a sports game. I don't want to go too far, but I sense a bit of Karma from NFL 2K/Madden history in this.
  • Also, with no (and obvious loss) of revenue from this years title... what happens to salaries of devs, budgets for the next title, resources, etc... This could become a slippery slope as well.

end babbling.

Last edited by sportzbro; 09-28-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:01 AM   #461
Rookie

add video replay to the end of quarters and make sure right call was made.. its alot missing from these games even from 2k game if u ask me.. we didnt get no ncaa basketball either this year from EA.. but we got ncaa football.. EA trying to send a message they dont care about basketball games or sumtin..

Last edited by welcome2jungle; 09-28-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #462
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

What I don't get about all of this is that if they're updating Live 10 with DNA updates and rosters, is it really too much to ask of them to fix NCAA's freezing issue? I mean really....

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcome2jungle
add video replay to the end of quarters and make sure right call was made.. its alot missing from these games even from 2k game if u ask me
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcome2jungle
we didnt no ncaa basketball either this year from EA.. but we got ncaa football.. EA trying to send a message they dont care about basketball games or sumtin
You do know you can edit your posts instead of posting back to back or in one case, back to back to back, right? Just thought I'd let you know.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #463
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

I personally hope they decide to just scrap Elite 11 and release it next year. Maybe get a slight jump on the competition in 2011 with an extremely polished bug free NBA Elite 12 would be the way to go.

I don't know if that is possible from a financial standpoint but it would give more power to them trying to recreated a truly "elite" product rather than putting out a rushed subpar product.

Just my .02.....
Old 09-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #464
Rookie

this was a good move by EA! now when i get 2k11 i want to get a used copy of LIVE10

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »