Home

NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2023, 12:33 PM   #17
Rookie

GhostPandaStorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I actually spent the weekend getting a use able current roster. Moved all the players included in the game to their correct teams then filled out the rosters with FA scrubs.

I then went through and matched the ratings with the ratings from 2k23 as a lot of things have changed since 19. Example would be Blake Griffin is a 92 in live 19 and a 75 in 2k23.

I then created 15 of the top missing guys like Zion, Ja Morant, RJ Barrett etc. I got the roster glitch after 19 guys on my first try but I might try to add some few more. Honestly though this game would be completely relevant if not for that dumb glitch. Oh well making the best out of it.

Anyways started a new franchise and am having an absolute blast.

Thanks for reminding me I should still play this.
That's awesome you went ahead and did that and yes, that glitch messed that up for those of us who're willing to do everything manually.

And you're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed the article. It's been a semi-hot topic lately so I thought it would be fun to start talking about it again and how fun it was. Thanks again.

Chicago Bulls

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bears

Northwestern Wildcats

Any HBCU Team
Old 05-10-2023, 02:09 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I actually spent the weekend getting a use able current roster. Moved all the players included in the game to their correct teams then filled out the rosters with FA scrubs.

I then went through and matched the ratings with the ratings from 2k23 as a lot of things have changed since 19. Example would be Blake Griffin is a 92 in live 19 and a 75 in 2k23.

I then created 15 of the top missing guys like Zion, Ja Morant, RJ Barrett etc. I got the roster glitch after 19 guys on my first try but I might try to add some few more. Honestly though this game would be completely relevant if not for that dumb glitch. Oh well making the best out of it.

Anyways started a new franchise and am having an absolute blast.

Thanks for reminding me I should still play this.

Hi there, I am doing the same and when filling in the other players, I tend to pick the best FA who actually used to play on that team, say Lou Will I put him on the Hawks, so that would make all the teams stronger...as no teams have strong rookies since after 2019

And in terms of creating players, I heard that after 5 created players or so there is a glitch, may I ask what exactly the glitch is? Is it all those created players will turn bald or something? I never heard someone is about to create 19 players, that’s a lot and if I can confirm with you that no glitch will occur till then, I will do the same man…

For the franchise mode, do CPU don’t do any trades?

Lastly, what sliders/setting are you using?

Sorry for the many words.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:34 AM   #19
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I used to like Live 19, then I started hating it badly. Canned uninterruptible animations like those blocked dunks and other blocks and interaction between ball handler and defender completely ruined this game. That new animation system developers implemented, in my opinion, completely ruined the game.

To me, Live 18 is miles better - far more dynamic, less canned animations, better physics, more responsive controls. With roster and slider edits it played some great basketball. Not even close.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 10-13-2023, 01:01 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I used to like Live 19, then I started hating it badly. Canned uninterruptible animations like those blocked dunks and other blocks and interaction between ball handler and defender completely ruined this game. That new animation system developers implemented, in my opinion, completely ruined the game.

To me, Live 18 is miles better - far more dynamic, less canned animations, better physics, more responsive controls. With roster and slider edits it played some great basketball. Not even close.
really i thought the game is very similar?!?!
Old 10-15-2023, 10:38 AM   #21
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
really i thought the game is very similar?!?!
That's what I thought for a while. And then I started to see the issues with the scripted interactions and I felt less in control in general. I've tried to play it a few times since then but could never bring myself to finish a game. Then I would shut it down and go back to 18.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2023, 08:55 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
That's what I thought for a while. And then I started to see the issues with the scripted interactions and I felt less in control in general. I've tried to play it a few times since then but could never bring myself to finish a game. Then I would shut it down and go back to 18.
thanks and nba live 18 doesn't have such script things?

btw do u play the game with your own updated roster or?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »