Home

Sliders/settings for NBA LIVE 18 (this game is great)

This is a discussion on Sliders/settings for NBA LIVE 18 (this game is great) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2022, 09:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Sliders/settings for NBA LIVE 18 (this game is great)

hi all, having checked the sliders section for NBA LIVE 18, i m confused which set of sliders should i try and what difficulty should i play on...

sorry to create and push a thread about this old game, but i just got it actually because i am desperate for playing a basketball game and overall 2k is just not fun for the past few 4-5 years, and NBA LIVE 18 was just so fun no joke...just playing it for 2 days...

yeah there are weird stuff going on like i would try to make it harder for user to score inside the paint and blocking shots, but overall its amazing experience...

now that i am more used to the controls already after playing over 5-6 hours on it, i wanna know like what sliders set should i use and are there any specific things in the sliders or settings i need to adjust to have the game realistic?

thanks again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2022, 01:15 PM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Sliders/settings for NBA LIVE 18 (this game is great)

I posted my sliders here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...3&postcount=76

But I think you also need to edit rosters in order to make the game play realistically. Keep in mind that I only play offline vs the CPU (exhibition/franchise), I don't play any of the career/street/online modes.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-15-2022, 09:21 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I posted my sliders here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...3&postcount=76

But I think you also need to edit rosters in order to make the game play realistically. Keep in mind that I only play offline vs the CPU (exhibition/franchise), I don't play any of the career/street/online modes.

i don't play online as well, but i actually dunno how to edit the rosters, like what attributes to adjust etc...what if i don't do that and is there any chance i can edit a little bit of the sliders and have the game play well too?

also is there any very annoying things going to happen in franchise? i heard ppl say that cpu never offer trades to user?
Old 08-16-2022, 12:47 AM   #4
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

I would edit every player's court vision. In my roster no one gets less than 75, and guys like Chris Paul would have 95-99.
I also toned down rebounding and blocking. If I remember, the best blockers get 85 and best rebounders 82-84. I didn't like the amount of putback dunks I saw with default rosters. Even with the O-Reb slider at 0 it was still way too much. Now I still see it, but it's closer to reality.
I also toned down most PGs ratings because like most past Live games there is still PG domination. And I've noticed in all Lives games this generation that my PG hardly get tired. So I would lower PGs stamina rating, which should also help with the PG domination issue.

Just try to play a game with slider edits, then edit 2 teams as you see fit and play another game and see if you notice a difference. You can check my Live 18 videos in the 18 video thread. CPU's ball and off ball movement is superb.

ZX Spectrum
Old 08-16-2022, 01:06 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I would edit every player's court vision. In my roster no one gets less than 75, and guys like Chris Paul would have 95-99.
I also toned down rebounding and blocking. If I remember, the best blockers get 85 and best rebounders 82-84. I didn't like the amount of putback dunks I saw with default rosters. Even with the O-Reb slider at 0 it was still way too much. Now I still see it, but it's closer to reality.
I also toned down most PGs ratings because like most past Live games there is still PG domination. And I've noticed in all Lives games this generation that my PG hardly get tired. So I would lower PGs stamina rating, which should also help with the PG domination issue.

Just try to play a game with slider edits, then edit 2 teams as you see fit and play another game and see if you notice a difference. You can check my Live 18 videos in the 18 video thread. CPU's ball and off ball movement is superb.

thx for the replies n i notice players don't get tired n can recovered so fast n easy from benching them, i play 8mins per quarter, do i have to adjust all players' rating to fix this as i don't find any sliders for stamina? but my biggest concern is if i play franchise mode, the new computer generated rookies will have normal stamina and i can't edit them as theres no option in this mode, can offer help here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 09:54 PM   #6
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

As far as franchise and rookies, sorry, but I'm not really doing much more than playing my season games, I'm not that into management and the other little things involved, I wish there was a season mode instead.

As far as player stamina, maybe editing rosters will help. For me it's quite the opposite. I play 12-min quarters and players get tired a lot. Strangely, even if they're on the bench they recover slowly (unless it's halftime), and when taking a timeout they recover faster. If I hardly take timeouts, my players will be more tired and I'll have to get more bench players in.
It also depends how you play, if you run a lot they will get tired faster, and if you play slow halfcourt game they will be able to play longer before they are tired.

ZX Spectrum
Old 09-28-2022, 09:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

How to join?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »