Home

NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-29-2016, 01:07 AM   #273
Rookie

JacobHoward412's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcupolo
After playing and simulating through multiple games and season, I started to notice many bugs and glitches.

I finally got around to writing them down. Here is my partially complete list:

1. Too many rebounds bounce high and over the backboard therefore going out of bounds. I'd say about 4-5 a game. This seems to be too high of a frequency.

2. Players often watch rebounds that are easily attainable go out of bounds.

3. Erratic passing in some situations. I've experienced my players throwing bullet passes which fly out of bounds to players that are 5 feet from them.

4. Players continue to fatigue while on the bench. Seems counter-intuitive. I need to call a time-out often for the fatigue to start reversing after substituting.

5. Occasionally players blatantly step out of bounds when a pass is coming to them. Usually this happens on the wings. The player receiving the pass will step out of bounds with both feet before catching the pass.

6. Defensive switching is odd and laughable at times, mixing up the whole defensive coverages.

7. In game statistic overlays are often wrong. A feature of first half rebounding numbers will show FGA/FGM instead. First and Second half statistic features will show a team comparison. It's a broken system and gets annoying.

8. The score overlays in games and practice modes interfere with the shot meter. Would be beneficial for the overlay to fade away when you take a shot from the area of the court where the overlay is covering. This is especially troubling in the practice mode where you try to own the court as the overlay takes up over half of the left side of the shooting zones.

9. Team overall rating breaks when simulating through to the 3rd or 4th season. For example, the Hawks top 3 players had rating of 85, 79, and 76, and were rated a 99. My team had top 3 player ratings of 96, 93, and 89, and my team had an overall rating of 90. Doesn't make sense.

10. When setting rotations in the association mode: When starting a PF in the C slot or a SG in a SF slot, the CPU switches them out when you return to the rotation screen with the next highest player at the actual position. It doesn't change their minutes, but it's just an annoying occurrence.

Really disappointed with this game. Especially for a full price title. So many things are broken that weren't in years prior. Its obvious that this is just a shell over previous editions (all the menu options are exactly the same, with just a new design), I don't understand how all of these little things went wrong.

I'd be much happier if they gave us 2k11 with consistently updated rosters and the incredible gameplay it had, but alas this game is a buggy disappointment.
I play frequently as well and have noticed many of these. I've also noticed rotations are badly glitched. Guys that start but play less than 20 minutes will play 30+ minutes regardless of what the rotation says, and teams will a 9 man rotation will play 1 player close to 48 minutes, again, regardless of what the rotation says.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:20 AM   #274
Rookie

FOXHOUNDxBigBoss's Arena

Did they put out any new rosters since 2/26?
Old 03-10-2016, 03:30 AM   #275
Rookie

JacobHoward412's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUNDxBigBoss
Did they put out any new rosters since 2/26?
They released one on the 3rd. Nothing special, just updating the rosters after the Johnson/Miller/Martin buyouts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #276
Rookie

JacobHoward412's Arena

A new roster came out yesterday. They added Andrew Goudelock to the Rockets with a cyberface. I know he was on a Euroleague team on earlier rosters, but he never had a cyberface.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #277
Rookie

FOXHOUNDxBigBoss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobHoward412
A new roster came out yesterday. They added Andrew Goudelock to the Rockets with a cyberface. I know he was on a Euroleague team on earlier rosters, but he never had a cyberface.
Awesome! Interesting to see that happen.

Hopefully they can fix the Josh Richardson black arms glitch in one of the next rosters. I don't use the Heat that much so it's not that big of a deal to me personally but it is extremely noticeable and a bunch of other community members have complained about it.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:07 PM   #278
Rookie

Traceur's Arena

On the PS3 - can someone please tell me if the rosters AUTOMATICALLY updates and loads each time (like the PS4 version) or does the user MANUALLY have to do it?

Currently before playing each game, I have to manually load the latest saved roster file. Is there a fix for this or is that just how it is on the last gen version(s)?
Old 03-20-2016, 10:40 PM   #279
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobHoward412
Can anyone on an xbox 360 upload latest roster and online data?? im in dire need of roster/online data updates (haven't updated my roster since 29/102015) and im on a jtag. Any help would very much appreciated!! Pleeeeaaaassse
Old 03-28-2016, 08:52 AM   #280
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcupolo
After playing and simulating through multiple games and season, I started to notice many bugs and glitches.

I finally got around to writing them down. Here is my partially complete list:

1. Too many rebounds bounce high and over the backboard therefore going out of bounds. I'd say about 4-5 a game. This seems to be too high of a frequency.

2. Players often watch rebounds that are easily attainable go out of bounds.

3. Erratic passing in some situations. I've experienced my players throwing bullet passes which fly out of bounds to players that are 5 feet from them.

4. Players continue to fatigue while on the bench. Seems counter-intuitive. I need to call a time-out often for the fatigue to start reversing after substituting.

5. Occasionally players blatantly step out of bounds when a pass is coming to them. Usually this happens on the wings. The player receiving the pass will step out of bounds with both feet before catching the pass.

6. Defensive switching is odd and laughable at times, mixing up the whole defensive coverages.

7. In game statistic overlays are often wrong. A feature of first half rebounding numbers will show FGA/FGM instead. First and Second half statistic features will show a team comparison. It's a broken system and gets annoying.

8. The score overlays in games and practice modes interfere with the shot meter. Would be beneficial for the overlay to fade away when you take a shot from the area of the court where the overlay is covering. This is especially troubling in the practice mode where you try to own the court as the overlay takes up over half of the left side of the shooting zones.

9. Team overall rating breaks when simulating through to the 3rd or 4th season. For example, the Hawks top 3 players had rating of 85, 79, and 76, and were rated a 99. My team had top 3 player ratings of 96, 93, and 89, and my team had an overall rating of 90. Doesn't make sense.

10. When setting rotations in the association mode: When starting a PF in the C slot or a SG in a SF slot, the CPU switches them out when you return to the rotation screen with the next highest player at the actual position. It doesn't change their minutes, but it's just an annoying occurrence.

Really disappointed with this game. Especially for a full price title. So many things are broken that weren't in years prior. Its obvious that this is just a shell over previous editions (all the menu options are exactly the same, with just a new design), I don't understand how all of these little things went wrong.

I'd be much happier if they gave us 2k11 with consistently updated rosters and the incredible gameplay it had, but alas this game is a buggy disappointment.

11) Perimeter defenders mysteriously leaving 3-point shooters wide open to defend the post. Drives me crazy.

You're 100% right.....2K16 is a big disappointment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »