Home

Starting Twitch/YT Streaming Groups to Amplify Sim Community Voice

This is a discussion on Starting Twitch/YT Streaming Groups to Amplify Sim Community Voice within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #9
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Starting Twitch/YT Streaming Groups to Amplify Sim Community Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I dug around on Twitch and sadly, I could really only find one guy that plays in a sim fashion. I think this is going to have to be a thing that we create ourselves and then build up over a period of time.
I'm trying something now with streaming my game play for different sim slider sets. I'm not sure how the slider makers feel about it, but at least we're engaging in some dialogue.

I would hope to get the slider makers to possibly join up (if they stream). I think that would be a great start.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #10
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
I'm Sim boy. And I started recording stuff. Of course people might not think I'm Sim. It's hard to be Sim when the Ai is so soft. I'm prol a better Sim poster than Sim player but I think adjusting strategy to whatever kllls Ai is Sim too.

Sim pvp is a cluster too. End up with people arguing over what's Sim and what's not. 5v5 real players is muah tho. Even tho it's usually trash. At least it comes closest. Even with bums. They are just people who understand bball.

See I guess to me game play and replicating stats isnt as important but I do raise my eyebrow at some crap. When I say Sim I mean people who understand bball. Who make plays. I make plays boye

-Smak
What's your channel? I'd like to start a list.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:03 PM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Just a few guys that cover sim aspects of the game off the top of my head.

Always have to start with prez' channel

Da_Czar

https://www.youtube.com/c/DaCzar

Kingslayer

https://www.youtube.com/c/2KKingslayer

At Me Bro

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJh...6ciWk9ytW6Aw5w

@Ratedsim

Twitch.tv/xdoombotx

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-27-2020 at 08:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2020, 03:48 PM   #12
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Just want to say I hope this comes together, I've long hoped for this sort of community branching to reach into other aspects beyond just this site. I think of this place as the jump off point so folks can come together to do other projects/find other peeps that fit into the model of sim gaming and such we push along with just being a one-stop shop for anything relating to any sports game.

Also it's a smart time to start doing this since there will be renewed attention when next-gen starts and you can maybe get more of a push going with the freshness of a new generation and fresh eyeballs.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:06 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Just want to say I hope this comes together, I've long hoped for this sort of community branching to reach into other aspects beyond just this site. I think of this place as the jump off point so folks can come together to do other projects/find other peeps that fit into the model of sim gaming and such we push along with just being a one-stop shop for anything relating to any sports game.

Also it's a smart time to start doing this since there will be renewed attention when next-gen starts and you can maybe get more of a push going with the freshness of a new generation and fresh eyeballs.
I tend to agree.If other folks that enjoy the game a certain way can get out there and make their voice heard on various platform, then why not do the same and provide a much needed counterpoint....and as you said there really isn't a better time than now.

As nice as it is to hang out here and exchange ideas with an occasional visit from a dev, we really have to get back out there and rebuild the sim fan base if you will, if we want to really be able to affect lasting change.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
What's your channel? I'd like to start a list.

Just saw this. If I ever get my stuff in order like editing + not swearing, I might make videos public. Atm I just record and sometimes upload unlisted stuff to share w/ friends. I dunno how much of a big deal it is to swear on video in a place like this, but in general I doubt people who are like oh legit sim guy legit sim guy... and then it's like my channel. lool.

We'll see though.

-Smak
Old 09-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #15
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Just saw this. If I ever get my stuff in order like editing + not swearing, I might make videos public. Atm I just record and sometimes upload unlisted stuff to share w/ friends. I dunno how much of a big deal it is to swear on video in a place like this, but in general I doubt people who are like oh legit sim guy legit sim guy... and then it's like my channel. lool.

We'll see though.

-Smak
I'm not worried about cursing too much. I've been getting into marketing a bit more, and it might become a problem in that type of sphere. I'm more interested that you talk in your vids, which is something I'm not doing much of.

Whenever you're ready, let me know. I'm having trouble contacting some of the other names we have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2020, 09:51 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

John Markisch aka.... Rashidi is back using his Youtube Channel to post LIVE roster updates to attributes, badges and some tendencies. Really informative streams....

https://www.youtube.com/c/Real2KRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »